Chapter Six

Last one for Marissa :( But, yeah, here it is! Please, please, pretty pretty please Vote, Comment, and add this book to your libraire <3

And just a quick note: please read the author's messages at the end, they're informing and yeah thankss! <3 ilyy

AND TO THE SIDE IS DYLAN HES SO HOT OMG!! And his eyes are to fall in love with. 

Happy reading lovelies!

________________________________________________________________________

MARISSA

I was hyperventilating.

I tried that super hot thing that Dylan does when he's nervous, running my hands trough my hair, but I just made my long, volumous hair more oily and flat.   

My date with him was in an hour.

Nikki was bouncing around my room with an unplugged curling iron. She was more excited for my date than I was. Well, I'm excited but, what if I screw up?

What if I eat too much,  or make too much noise with my utensils, or spill the drinks on him. Or worse, what if I spill the drinks on me!? That would be so fucking embarrassing.

I close my eyes, feeling the warmth of the strong lights above my dresser mirror seeping through my eyelids. I couldn't decide if that felt good or if it was burning from the insides.

"Okay, listen up!" Nikki interrupted my thoughts, which was probably a good thing. "We need a dress for you! I can't believe you told me this one hour before your date! Hurry!"

I smiled. She deserved to know earlier, but even I wasn't sure about what happened last night. I don't know how to feel. I had been on other dates in high school and middle school, but I had never felt this way about any of them. I don't know if I like feeling this way about him. Confused? Anxious? Is this a good thing?

I didn't feel like talking to anyone. I didn't want to go. Just kidding, I did, I really, really did want to go on this date.

Dylan.

Only then I realized Nikki had been staring at me for 5 minutes. A murderous look was plastered on her face, causing me to laugh. She laughed, too.

We walked over to my closet, where there were a couple of my dresses, and also a big box.

"Wait, what's in the box?" I was compelled to ask.

"Oh, when I found out about the date I went over to all the girls' sectors and they lent you their dresses." She said cheerfully, "They're very happy for you!"

I disregarded my closet and hovered above the beautifully crafted wooden box before opening it, wondering how the hell Nikki carried this gorgeous, but [what looks like] 10 ton box in here. 

I snapped open the golden clasps holding the box together, and carried the lid off. The diagonally 42 inch box was full of many dresses of all different kinds of hues.  The unique, printed ones had to be Kenzie's, and Rayne must've lent the pastel and mint dresses.

Then, I saw the one.

It was not particularly red, it wasn't vibrant at all, which was just the way I liked it. Although, I did like attention, but I didn't want this date to be about me. I wanted it to be about us. The dress leaned towards a slight maroon shade, and the top half was covered in lace.

It was perfect. I even had gorgeous black, laced tights to go with it.

I must've been staring at it for a while, because Nikki, somehow reading my mind, said "Yes! You can wear your laced tights and I have the perfect pair of red heels for you! And a bow! Oh my god, yes, a bow!"