8

he leaned his head on the table, his eyes focusing at a certain girl. that was until someone sat beside him, copying his seating position but facing him at the same time.

yoongi flinched in surprise, "yah, you shocked me. what are you doing here?"

the younger boy sighed, "i'm your best friend, for god's sake. can't i sit with you?"

"go away."

jimin placed his hand on his chest and acted hurt, "ouch. that hurts."

"shut up." yoongi closed his eyes, ready to sleep.

"do you have a crush on that girl?"

hearing his words, yoongi immediately opened his eyes.

"what?"

"that girl, your seat mate. what was her name again? hye.. hyejoo? ah, hyejin. yeah, hyejin. do you have a crush on her?" jimin asked, sitting up straight.

"no. why'd you say that?" yoongi questioned with a bored tone.

"you kept on staring at her until i came." jimin shrugged.

yoongi pursed his lips and lifted his head from the table to face jimin, "i wasn't staring at her." and then he leaned back.

"you were. stop denying. hah, you must have a crush on her then." jimin snickered.

"i don't," yoongi sat up straight and looked at jimin in the eyes, "i'm just curious about her."

"curious?" jimin frowned.

"yeah. she confuses me for some reason. she's just a little bit... complicated." yoongi shrugged, rubbing his eyes.

"what's so complicated about her? she seems pretty normal to me, except for the fact that she never stops talking." jimin took a quick glance at hyejin who was blabbering some things to her friends.

"can i tell you something?" yoongi faced jimin and the latter nodded.

"yeah, sure. what is it?"

"i caught her crying before." yoongi stated.

"she cried?" jimin creased his brows in confusion.

"yeah. alone. twice."

"why would she cry?" jimin muttered.

"i asked her about it once. she said she never cried. seriously though, she needs to fix her acting." yoongi said, causing the other boy to laugh.

"maybe she's a psycho." jimin stated curtly.

"probably." yoongi chuckled.

"uhm, excuse me? the teacher's here. i think you should go back to your original seat if you don't want him to rant at you. plus, this is my seat and i wouldn't want to get—"

"okay, okay, okay! i get it. you can stop talking now." jimin exclaimed, quickly rushing back to his seat before the girl could continue with her blabbering.

"weird." she muttered before sitting at the chair jimin previously sat at.

"that's.. jimin, right? your friend? or best friend? who cares. you two seemed pretty close. what were the two of you talking about earlier?" hyejin turned to yoongi.

"none of your business." yoongi muttered, ready to suffer for more of the nonsense coming out of her mouth.

"oh, okay then. you're taking the bus home today, right? is jimin coming too? wait, what about the rest of your squad? the people who usually sit with you during lunch, they're your squad members, am i right? what's his name, that guy? the one who peed in his pants. he seemed like a really funny person." hyejin laughed.

yoongi ignored her and laid his head on the table for the hundredth time that day, ready to take a short nap when his phone vibrated.

he stole a glance at seokjin who was teaching the rest of the students before secretly taking out his phone to check the text he received.

jimin: i srsly pity you so much.

yoongi sighed.

"why did you sigh? are you stressed? i can help you with your prob—"

"shut up."

a/n:

twice's comeback is sO CLoSe anD IM sRSLY NOT READY At all jskaoapsohdgcbdiw

but anyway thanks for 1k reads haha ily'all

chapter dedicated to minsyugaa omg ily thank you for the beautiful covers <3