×Star× lh

I was running. So fast. I was sprinting actually. I didn't look behind me at all but I knew she was hot on my heels. She chased me, drunk.

"GET BACK HERE YOUNG LADY. I'LL CALL THE COPS."

The cops? She would never call the cops. I knew that for a fact cause she was drunk. And if the cops saw the bruises on my body and the broken beer bottle she was chasing me with, they'd be suspicious.

I turned a corner already feeling my chest burn. I was losing my breath quickly. Having asthma sucked. Especially if you're mother was already faster than you. So besides using the speed I didn't have, I turned a bunch of corners so she would get lost and eventually fall asleep somewhere.

As soon as I didn't hear her footsteps anymore and her voice, I slowed my pace but was still running. I immediately grabbed my inhaler. The backpack on my back was really beginning to feel heavy. As I looked behind me I didn't see who was in front of me so I collided with them. I stumbled back and hit the ground my inhaler tumbling away. My breath quickened as I adjusted my glasses to see who it even was who wasn't even helping me up from the ground.

It was a boy. He had a hood on and was staring at me a bit amused.

"Hey, if you wanted a picture you didn't have to run. But please hurry we're gonna catch attention." I stared at the boy in confusion.

"What?" I mumbled.

"Do you want a photo or not?" he sighed, "hurry I'm tired."

"I'm sorry I don't know what you're saying dude," I stood up and brushed myself off, "but please step out of my way." he stared at me wide eyed.

"You're not a fan?"

"A fan? Of what? You? You look like a homeless person with that unshaven beard and old band tee."

"I'm in a band. A very famous one, perhaps you've heard of 5 Seconds of Summer?" He nodded over to a swarm of girls running our way. I backed away in fear of being trampled.

"Luke Hemmings." he held out a hand as I hesitantly shook it.

"Amy." I mumbled as he quickly stepped into an Uber and sped away. The girls caught and stared at me.

"Was that really him? Was that Luke?" A fan asked me.

"Uh...yeah?" I murmured. They stared at me wide eyed. My appearance must've looked worse then I thought. I started to feel the blood seep through my jeans. It wasn't till then I realized the pain shooting through my right leg. I sighed and grabbed my inhaler after the girls left. I sat down against the brick wall Luke had walked out of.

I leaned my head against the wall. I guess I can stay hidden here tonight, no one seemed to be here. I dug in my bag for a bag of chips. I didn't realize I was starving too. It wasn't till later I felt a tap on my shoulder. I had fallen asleep.

"Hey you're still here?"

Luke. He was bending down and he had a somewhat worried look again.

"Yeah of course! I was waiting for my idol to come back so I can get a selfie with him." I spat rolling my eyes. Okay, so you're in some famous band so what? He chuckled lightly and sat down next to me.

"Sorry about that. I was in a horrible mood." he mumbled leaning his head back like me.

"What happened?"

"My girlfriend broke up with me." he whispered as I bit my lip. I wasn't very good at comforting people.

"Oh sorry." what am I supposed to say??! Sorry, wanna hook up? Wanna get drunk? Wanna go to a club?
But I felt like asking him to take me home instead. I can just sneak into my bedroom. I missed it.

"It's fine."

We were silent as I waited inpatiently for him to do or say something. He did.

"Wanna...uh...wanna go inside?" he pointed to the building we were leaning on. I raised an eyebrow.
"It's abandoned." he grinned.

"What was a star like you doing in a old abandoned building?" I muttered rolling my eyes. He shrugged.

"I don't know it's not like I'm human or anything you know. Stars like me don't have feelings right?"

"Right." I smirked as he playfully shoved me.

"Well you thought wrong. What are you doing here anyway?"

"Problems." I shrugged.

"Running away?"

"Done it many times. It's nothing new."

"Oh...wanna go inside?"

"Why not?"

·········

I had seen this building but I never questioned it. Now I felt like coming here everyday.

"How'd you find this place?"

Luke shrugged as we walked around large shards of glass and wood.

"Wandering. This place is pretty cool." he smiled as he went up a series of stairs. I followed him.

"It is."

Once we reached the top we sat on the roof. I dangled my feet from the edge as Luke chuckled and scooted back a little.

"Easy there."

"I never fall." I shrugged.

"Physically or mentally?" he questioned. I thought for a moment furrowing my eyebrows. I haven't thought about that.

"Physically..."

"Why is that?" I shrugged laying down.

"Cause I'm careful?"

"No...I mean is it easy for you to fall mentally?"

"I don't know?" I raised my eyebrow as I glanced at the empty night sky. It looked as if it was gonna rain. "Why do you ask?"

Luke shrugged and looked away pulling out a cigarette. Another roll of my eyes.

"Please don't smoke near me." I mumbled. He glanced at me then immediately put the lighter he had, away. Wow, that was unexpected.

"Okay. I respect that." he shrugged giving me a toothy smile. I couldn't help but randomly smile back.

"Thanks I guess."

"You wanna go to my hotel?"

"Well isn't Luke Hemmings full of surprises tonight?" I scoffed standing up and brushing myself off, "thanks but I'll pass." I spat.

"No! I didn't mean it like that dammit!" he stood up immediately. "I'm not into hooking up trust me. You're like the first girl I've met who's so simple and decent. It's like I randomly want you to be that one person that I'm best friends with-"

"I'll have you know, we just met."

"I know. And I just wanna be friends." he looked at me with almost pleading eyes.

"You have bandmates."

"I do."

"Go be friends with them!" I turned around slinging my bag over my shoulder. I didn't know why I was being so stubborn. I mean a hot blonde who seemed like he was pretty popular was asking me to hang out. And he was so friendly.
I don't know I guess I was just done with guys.

"Amy." I stopped.

"See? I even remembered your name."

"So?" he pouted at my response. I sighed setting my bag down.

"Look, you don't want to be my friend. You don't know who I am." I slung my bag on my back and turned on my heels leaving a saddened Luke.