Mafia // pt. 3

··Darian··

"Stop!" I yelled.

"Leave them alone!"

"Stop hurting them!"

"Don't touch them!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I was being held back. I was kicking my feet around to get out of their grasps. I heard someone shush me then pat my back. I sunk into their arms tears spilling down my face.

"They killed you...all of you. One by one. They started with Ash." I whispered to no one in particular. It was then I opened my eyes and saw wide eyes staring at me.

They were...alive. Luke, Cynthia, Cal, Mikey...

"You're alive?" I breathed sitting up. Calum was holding me with wide eyes. He had locked my hands behind me.

"Did I hurt you?" I whispered to Luke. He shook his head no but seemed terrified. I know they knew exactly what I said. I still remembered what I had said only minutes before. I shivered sinking into Calum's arms even more.

"They're coming..." I whispered. Mikey stepped forward.

"Who is?"

"The people...they're coming to get us...we--we have to go. We have to run!" I stood up frantically looking around. "What are you doing? Run!" I shouted.

"Darian.." Cynthia whispered.

"What?!" I snapped.

"We need to find Ashton. We can't leave without him."

That's when I noticed. We were missing something. It was the boy I was head over heels with. I started to tear up. He's not dead.
He's not dead yet.

··Ashton··

I screamed in agonizing pain as the guy beat me. They had brought me up in some sort of large back room. This house had many rooms. I was told my friends were dead and I myself was about to die.

"It feels nice to finally be feeling some blood on my hands again."

"Joshua, go take care of the others. This one's my favorite I want him all to myself." I glared at Mary as she neared me and threw a knife in the air and caught it with on hand. She had caught the sharp side resulting in blood trickling down her fingers. Mary laughed.

"Sorry Ashton, I just love the sight of blood."

"You're sick." I swallowed the bile rising in my throat. Mary shrugged walking over to me.

"You're a very good looking boy Ashton. It's sad that it's not so good looking any more. With all those bruises and that blood." she smirked trailing her thumb across my lip. I didn't budge but instead I glared at her.
Within that moment, as we stared eye to eye, without me even flinching, in one sudden move, she lifted the knife and stabbed me in the shoulder. I let out an strangled yell. Mary yanked the knife out and laughed plunging it in my thigh.

"Stop!!" I screamed with pain.

"I want to hear you scream louder in pain, Ashton." she whispered softly. She stabbed the knife in the same area on my thigh. I grunted and fell over.

"Why aren't you screaming?" she pouted and grabbed my hair and yanked me to the floor. She untied my wrists as I lay. Blood. Everywhere.

"This is very boring." she sighed. "Should I just kill you?"

"You will not." Through my blurried vision I spotted Luke and my friends standing bravely. They had found weapons.
And man, they were alive and didn't have a single bruise.

Darian looked at me with the most fearful eyes. She was shaking and my heart fell.

"Ah...I was waiting for you all. Remember what I said? There are 6 of you...and a million of me." she cackled with laughter. That's when all hell broke loose. Luke got attacked. Then Calum. Then Cynthia. Then Mikey.

Darian backed away in a corner looking at me with bravery but her chest rose in fear. Mary became preoccupied with me once again.

"Let's finish this bitch." she rolled up the sleeves to what I noticed was an old ragged dress she was wearing.

That's when I got the strangest idea. I couldn't stand but I couldn't still move. It was worth a shot. Before Mary could make a move I called out for Darian.

"Darian?!"

She snapped her gaze at me as her eyes widened at Mary.

"Grab the gun and shoot her!" I yell. Mary turned around alarmed as I yanked her to the ground and grabbed her knife. Darian got the memo and charged forward kicking Mary with all she could and knelt down punching her a few times.

I grabbed Darian whilst holding the knife and pushed her behind me.

"Hey!" I shouted. I grabbed Mary and pressed the knife to her neck. The attackers stopped. Clearly we were losing. Cynthia was beaten. Calum and Luke were dripping with sweat, quite bruised. And Michael was on the floor doubled over in pain. Darian was the one who didn't look mich hurt.

"You touch any of my friends, Mary is gone. You know what that means?" I sneer. "It means we catch you. There aren't many of you at all you know? Mary was simply exaggerating." I spoke with confidence. "Don't mess with me, I know who you all are. I've figured it out." The others looked at me confusion. "I'm part of a mafia," I smirked, "which means, I always have backup."

I pulled the curtain to the side to see my familiar men surrounding the house.

"You're trapped Marianne." I smirked. I wasn't going to actually slash her throat. I knew these people worked for her. I knew she wanted our money, that's why she attacked my friends first so her attackers can steal our money. But my men, we were already ahead of her and her dirty schemes.

"Drop the weapons!" I yelled at her attackers.

"Drop em or you'll die!!"

My men were in the house now. They dropped their weapons. I was beginning to lose my grip on Mary. My vision blurred as I felt myself falling.

So much blood loss...

I fell as Mary escaped. She grabbed my knife but before she could plunge it into me Darian lurged forward and kicked her out of the way.

"I SAID. DON'T TOUCH HIM." she grabbed the knife and began to stab her but Calum stopped her.

"Guys take her." I coughed to my men. They followed my orders and grabbed Mary. The others grabbed the attackers and Darian knelt next to me. Tears glistened on her cheeks as I felt myself drift off.

"I'm tired.." I whispered.

"Ashton stay...ASHTON." she patted my cheek and shook me.

"Ashton you're not tired!"

"But I want to sleep..." I whispered.

················

"Mafia? Ashton?"

"Not a surprise."

"Guys...he's part of a mafia.."

"Yeah Luke, but he hasn't hurt us."

"He cares about us."

"Yeah. Remember what he said? We're his friends."

I opened my eyes. My head was bandaged and I could barely feel my body. I groaned already feeling the ache in my shoulder. Darian was staring straight at me. This time when I looked at her, her expression held relief.

"How long have you been part of this 'mafia'?" she whispered ever so slowly.

"My father..." was all I croaked. Then I closed my eyes and fell asleep again.

Oo
Plot twist. Heh
I liked this...I think idk was it too much? Idc
~ z e e