Blood // pt. 2

"Darian you there?" Luke whispered and I nodded and realized he couldn't see me. I pulled out my camera again and turned the flashlight on. I had forgotten my phone at home.

"There is no signal here," Ashton cursed angrily.

"Let's look for windows." Michael walked slowly.

"I doubt it, everything seems locked."

"You're correct." Mary spoke suddenly. Then everything went black.

···

"Mom?" I whispered squinting my eyes.

"Hey baby." she chuckled twirling her ginger hair.

Where am I? Am I dead?

"You're not dead Darian." she spoke as if she could hear my thoughts.

"Oh." I mumbled. I felt a sigh of relief.

"What's going on?" I whispered.

"Just protect your friends and protect Luke. And stick together, if you don't, you'll die."

"What?!" I sat up my head throbbing. Wow thanks for the advice...

····

"What?!" I screamed.

"Hey Darian wake up!" I shook frantically. My whole body felt like ice. Calum stared at me wide eyed. I shivered as he hugged and tried to make me warm.

"How long was I out?" I whispered.

"Long enough so a bunch of people can attack us and take the others away." Calum mumbled shakily.

"So this is real?"

"Yeah we're still stuck here.."

"We have to find a way out Calum. Where are we?"

"I think we're in a basement." I noticed my camera was somehow back in my pocket. Calum had a bruised cheek and his lip was swollen.

"Are you okay? What did they do?" I touched the bruise on his cheek.

"I don't know. They just attacked I don't remember much..."

"Who attacked?"

"They were in dark clothes..seemed like they worked for Mary. She's psychotic.."

"Like my mother.." I spoke. Calum gave me a sympathetic look.

"What did you see when you got knocked out?" he asked.

"I saw her. She told me to protect you guys or else we're gonna die."

"Great that just made me feel much better." he sighed and stood giving me a hand.

"You still have that camera on you cause they took my phone."

"Surprisingly, yes." I mumbled and took it out turning it, and the flashlight on. We searched our way in the darkness. The floors didn't creak, we didn't hear our footsteps. Everything seemed terrifyingly quiet.

"Calum. Stairs." I pointed the camera.

"Let's go."

··Ashton··

My knuckles were bruised from trying so hard to punch but I failed. They took everyone away and left me here still struggling to open that damn door. But it was no use. It was as if the door was metal. My chest burned from screaming. I stood up shakily wiping my tears and fumbled for my phone in my pocket. I pressed the flashlight button and began to walk.

"Ashton!" I heard a cry. I turned to see Cynthia tied to a chair sitting right in front of the fireplace.

"Cynthia!" I cried and ran over. She was ice cold but not shivering at all. I untied the gag from her mouth and untied her legs and wrists.