Chapter 6

When Mariska and Lexie woke up the next morning, they got up and got dressed. They were going to talk to Alice and Bryce, but this more than likely wasn't going to be so pretty.

Then, they were going to get Lexie a new phone. After that, they were going to get a DNA test to confirm whether or not Mariska was Lexie's mother.

"You ready, hon?" Mariska asked Lexie as she grabbed her car keys and purse.

"Not really, but let's go."

"Hey, listen. It's going to to be fine. I know, they are probably going to be all over you for the text you sent yesterday talking back to them, but guess what? They aren't talking to my daughter in whatever way they plan to. I'm not taking that. So whatever they say... is going through me first. Okay?" Mariska said as the teen shook her head.

They walked out the door and drove to Lexie's old home with Alice and Bryce.

"It's okay," was all Mariska said before the two got out of the car and walked up to the house. After two knocks on the door, Alice and Bryce had the door open within a few seconds.

"Thank goodness you're okay, Lexie! But you're in so much trouble for taking back last night," Alice said as she hugged the girl.

"Yeah, I'm fine and I don't care. Let me go," Lexie said with a disgusted tone in her voice.

"Hey, watch the attitude."

"Don't tell me what to do," Lexie snapped back.

"Excuse you? What did this woman do to our sweet teenager?" Alice said as she looked over at Mariska.

"She did no such thing. I just don't want to live with you two anymore, so she's letting me live with her."

"There's no way... she's too rich and famous."

"Well, ask her yourself."

"I believe you... but you're not living with her," Alice scolded the teen.

"Yes she is," Mariska stepped in. "That's my daughter and she's living with me."

"Your daughter? Really?" Alice snapped back as Lexie walked to her room to gather her clothes.

"Anyone who looks at us can tell that's my baby. The hair, the skin, the laugh, the same interests... she has her father's eyes and that's about it."

"We raised her for 14 years of her life."

"Well, ask her who she wants to be with... and if you want... take me to court bitch," Mariska snapped back as she stepped closer.

"Maybe I will."

"I pray that you do," Mariska said as Lexie walked back in the room with most of her clothes. Alice gave Mariska a look and put on a smile. Then, looked to Lexie.

"Honey, who would you rather live with? Us? Or this woman you barely know?" Alice asked the teenager.

"Uh... duh. Mariska. My mom. It's not like I barely know her... I've been attached to her for 14 years. The moment we saw each other... something clicked. She knew I was her child. Nothing will change the fact that she's always been my mom," Lexie said as she stepped closer to Mariska as Mariska put her arm around Lexie's shoulder. Mariska gave Alice a smirk and raised her brow.

"We're taking you to court for custody," Alice said.

"Fine. Lose. I don't care. Lexie's old enough to choose who she wants to live with anyway. Good luck getting a good lawyer," Mariska said before she walked out of the run down trailer and got in her car. She drove off and didn't care about what Alice and Bryce would do.

"Are they really taking this to court?" Lexie said as she looked over to her mother.

"I don't know, baby. I don't care, either, because you are living with me whether they like it or not."

"Okay... but what about my father? When are you telling him?"

"I don't know yet, Lex."

"Will he be mad at you for not telling him?"

"I hope not."

"Me too. Where are we going?" Lexie asked as Mariska continued to drive.

"To get you a new phone."

"Really? Thank you so much, Mom!"

"You're welcome, Lex," Mariska said as she smiled.

They pulled into the Verizon store and got out. As soon as they walked in, they were greeted by an older woman.

"Welcome to Verizon. How many I help you two young women today?" the lady said.

"I would like to take her off of the plan she's on and put her on mine," Mariska said to the woman.

"Alright. This way please," the woman said as they followed her. "I need your name, please?" she asked Mariska.

"Mariska Hargitay."

"And the girl's name?" when the woman said this, Mariska and Lexie looked at each other. "Is there a problem?" the woman asked.

"No. It's just I don't know what she wants her last name to be," Mariska said and the woman gave her an odd look.

"Excuse me?"

"Um... I put her up for adoption several years ago and just got her back and I don't know whether she wants to put my last name or the last name she's went by for the last 14 years."

"How about we put the two names together?" the woman asked and Mariska looked at Lexie and she smiled.

"Just do Alexis Hargitay, please," Lexie said and the woman typed it in. Lexie and Mariska shared a look as Mariska smiled.

"Okay, she's now on your plan and will have a completely different phone number. Does she know what phone she wants?" the Verizon tech asked.

"Can I get the iPhone 7?" Lexie said, mainly to her mother as the tech listened in.

"Anything you want, Lex," Mariska said.

"Thank you! Thank you!" Lexie said as she hugged her mother. The tech went and got the phone and handed it to Lexie. Mariska paid for everything and the two girls left the store.

"So... are you happy now?" Mariska said as they began driving back home and Lexie was entering her mom's phone number in her phone and vice versa.

"I would've been happy without the phone. I'm happy that I'm living with you instead of that other bitch," Lexie said and Mariska just laughed... so did Lexie. "Wait... you don't care if I curse?"

"Doesn't bother me. They are just words."

"Agreed," Lexie said as the two giggled.

They went and got their DNA tested to see if Lexie was Mariska's biological daughter. The doctor said it would be at least 2 weeks before the results came in the mail.

They were pulling into their house as Mariska's phone began to ring. She looked down at the caller identification. It was Chris.

"Fuck," she whispered.

"What's wrong?" Lexie asked, looking at her mother.

"Be quiet for just a minute," Mariska said as Lexie shook her head and Mariska answered her phone. "Hey, Chris! What's going on?" she asked with much enthusiasm.

Great. Now here comes the hard part of the day... lying to Chris with his daughter, whom he still doesn't know about, in the car. And Lexie still doesn't know that Chris is her father.

After all how is she supposed to bring it up? Just say: 'Hey...remember that time when we hooked up all those years ago? Yeah, I got pregnant and here's your child I put up for adoption without consulting you.' No, it's not that simple.

Mariska has to tell him sooner or later and she knows this for a fact. Her only concern is how is she going to do it?

A/N~ ahhh mariska telling chris soon ??? read on loves xx