Ruki Mukami • υrвan legendѕ •

"Going up?" (Name) apprehensively asked, eagerly hoping to hear a 'yes'. The elevator was practically full with an amount of 7 people, who stood idly, waiting for their floor. "Yes" A female responded immediately to her question. To her reply (Name) minimally bowed and stepped into the elevator.

Well, she had no other significant option, she had to reach the 14th floor and currently she stood on the 2nd floor.

Hastily, (Name)'s finger reached out to tap the 14th button but, halted as she realized that it was already pressed. Observing how many other buttons were pressed, reaching her destination would take an eternity.

3rd Floor.

The atmosphere in the elevator was very dense and unyielding. (Name) stood uncomfortably, trying not to be too adjacent to the others.

4th Floor.

The metal doors slid open with a ding and a boy exited through them. It didn't effect the ambiance much.

5th Floor.

This time the aura got lighter as a large woman stepped out. (Name) slightly expelled her breath in relief as she leaned against the panel.

6th Floor.

As a couple exited, (Name)'s gaze trailed to a tall male standing opposite to her. It was as if he had been descended from the heavens. His azure hair, tinged with white in the end seemed ruffled which gave him a more attractive appearance. And his cerulean hues gazed at (Name).

7th Floor.

Out of pure reflex, she averted her eyes around to avoid his orbs. Her cheeks scorched with a hue of red as she bit her lip. Simultaneously, she perceived a female depart the elevator and the doors closed behind her.

Skipping out 2 floors, we reach the 10th floor.

Where a pair of men in formal suits left the elevator...Leaving (Name) and him alone.

As the elevator ascended on it's way to the 14th floor, she shifted her position to stand ahead of the doors. Her back intentionally facing him to get rid of his stare but, that didn't stop him.

(Name)'s eyes gazed at the numerals above, intently watching them shift from 11...12...13...and it stopped.

The machinery shut down and the lights went off.

She bit her tongue to cease choking on her gasp. Her heart about to explode from the intense palpitation. Promptly, her hands reached out to slam the emergency button on the COP panel. Just as her palm was about to collide with the surface of the button, it was forcefully pulled back.... by the said male.

"L-Let go!" She exclaimed "Let go of me!!". Attempting to pull her hand away, squirming and thrashing. Her eyebrows knitted together into a frown.
A sheer chuckle escaped the male's lips "Fine, let's play a game..." He said, his features practically invisible in the dark, his grasp on her wrist loosened. Completely oblivious, she took a step back for her flank to collide with the metal doors but, they were gone and she perceived nothing but darkness again.

Through the open entrance, Sprinting as fast as her wobbly legs could, she ran through the darkness. With each step, energy was being sucked out of her. Fortunately, In the darkness she found something similar to a desk or a table, under which she knelt. Why was it dark? Not a single presence seemed to be lingering nearby. Was this the 13th floor? Is this what it always looks like? So many thoughts and scenarios buzzed across her mind. She didn't have a clue of what she was doing, this must be a sick cruel joke for which she is falling. Or maybe this is reality... Beads of sweat trickled down her forehead, attempting to control the rate of her breathing, she rammed her eyes shut..This is just a silly dream..this is just a silly dream.

"But sweet dreams begin now.." Said the familiar male's voice from behind.