Yuma Mukami • The Other Side •

He's always there...no..no..she's just hallucinating, too vividly. How can he be there when her hand can't even reach him. Whenever she tries to reach him, her quivering fingers touch a cold, hard surface, a mirror. What lays on the other side..will always be an utter mystery.

He's far from her, standing far behind her. His half-lidded hazel eyes watch her. She's terrified to glance at a mirror. But, it's just her mind playing tricks on her. She's already insane. How is this possible?...For insanity, anythings possible.

He's getting closer and closer..until she whirls around to look behind her..he's not there..he's never there. She doesn't want to tell anybody..they'll send her away. She's gone mad..mad as a hatter. It's all his fault. Well, actually no it's just her mind because, he simply does not exist.

The mirror is just an object...a harmless, useless object. It does not contain any magic powers or any kind of sorcery, think logically (Name)..think logically. Logic is real. A magic mirror? That's just fiction. And fiction is something untrue.

(Name) lays idly on the floor, her (h/c) hair tangled and grubby as a result of not being taken care of. Her (e/c) dilated pupils, shaking vividly, staring at the wall infront of her. She'd often dare to glance at the mirror standing far to her right. To meet the familiar sight of the entity. She'd pull her eyes away, not wanting to stare any less than 5 seconds..but what if she does?

Fear rigidly clutches her heart...she wants to get rid of it..get rid of the fear..get rid of the feeling..get rid of him.

Can it be possible? Another dimension laying behind each and every mirror. Then whose the girl she sees everyday, her own reflection, is it or is it not? Is it a living person? is it an entity? ...Don't be silly..It's just her reflection.

To cure her bruised sanity...to get rid of her heart-clutching fear..she must face it, bravely. She'll open her eyes and once again she'll enter reality. Revive the old contented memories and return to her happy, normal life.

(Name) insane as she could be, gathered up her courage and ambled over to the mirror. She glanced behind her reflection and there he was again, with each step, advancing closer. How many days has he been torturing her?..without a single touch. Her hand tightly balled into fists as her (E/c) orbs fiercely glared at him. He can't cause any harm to her..even if he does exist..he's on the other side.

...On the other side, behind her own reflection.

The entity in the mirror extended his hand and placed it on her reflection's shoulder. But, (Name) couldn't feel a thing.

For a second, darkness completely filled her sight, she couldn't hear, feel or see anything. But, when the darkness was gone, she perceived everything was just the same, the mirror was standing infront of her. In the mirror, only her reflection stood alone, staring back at her. And He was gone.

Did she actually do it? Did she conquer her fear? She felt alive again, she could think freely, breath normally. She finally felt sane. His absence was all she desired.

She doesn't want to know how it worked, she's just happy. This period will be nothing less than a haunting memory. A genuine smile makes its way to her chapped pink lips.
She whirled around and her smile turned upside down, her contented expression replaced by a fearful one. This time...this time...he was there. Standing just a few inches away from her fragile figure, smiling his prominent sadistic smile.