Chapter 2

Three days have passed since graduation. It was only a matter of time before Angelina Haley moves back to Icegard and turn 15.

"Well that sucks..." Carol stated. "You get to see that guy again..."

"Goodluck to you." Casey winked.

"Thanks. I'll be in touch." She said, waving. She started walking towards her parents, who were waiting for her by the front gates of the airport.

"Call if anything happens, alright dear?" Her mother stated.

"Also, please send 'them' our regards, and stay away from him in any way possible." Her father instructed in a serious tone.

She was fine until her father mentioned that last part. She looked down and sighed. "I'll... Try..."

Her father nodded as she walked away. Entering the airplane alone, she found herself sighing multiple times. Her father and her bestfriend. They used to get along with each other as if they were father and son, but now, just because of that one incident, a rift had appeared between them. So it's either my father or him... She thought sadly.

After several hours, the plane landed in Icegard's airport. She first walked out of the airport with luggage on tow, then she set out on a full sprint towards the nearby hot chocolate stand. Though she wasn't supposed to, she met up with the orange hair boy standing behind the shop.

The boy saw her running and smiled. "It's been less two months. Did you miss me that much, Haley?"

Haley let out a sigh of relief. "Yes... Very, very much..." She said, panting.

The boy frowned at her tone. "Did something happen?" He asked worriedly. He didn't have to of course. He understood perfectly that her father forbids them from spending time together. Even only seeing each other was a risk of getting caught, but so long as her father isn't around for his visit, they should be fine.

Haley shook her head. "No. It should be fine... They're not here after all..." She was thinking of the same thing. "Speaking of which... Can we go now, Shiren?" Before checking out her new school, she wants to go to a certain place she held dear.

Shiren nodded with a solemn face. "Follow me."

They went to a place with a lot less people around. Shiren whistled and his hoverglider came to him. He hoped on and helped Haley settle in. She sat on the edge with her feet dangling on the side. Her luggage, lucky it was small enough to be a backpack, was palced over her shoulders with a small thump. Then they rode off into a valley filled with ice crystals.

The valley was more to a large crack on the ground leading to a tunnel of ice and snow. Within the thick ice walls, there were statues of people on a defensive stance. Except these aren't statues. They are people who have been trapped within the walls for quite a while. Over time, their bodies froze along with their conciousness.

Hopping off the hoverglider, both teens proceeded towards them. Haley took out a blue bouquet of flowers from a small black box she placed in her bag. She placed it in front of the wall and muttered a soft thank you to the people. She glanced at the man with dark blue eyes and a custom helmet.

She smiled sadly. "I'll work my hardest to be just like you, brother."

She went back to Shiren, who was staring blankly at the wall. He barely noticed that she was right in front of him until she snapped her fingers next to his ear, making him jump.

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

Shiren nodded solemnly. "I'll be fine." He hopped onto the hoverglider and let Haley on too, before soaring towards Icegard Academy.

The school is one where you can either choose to stay with your family or stay in your own personal dorm. Most people would choose to stay with their family, though Haley's family was back in her Techo City, meaning she would stay in a private dorm. It wasn't really much of a dorm. It was more to a personal cottage. There's a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room. The kitchen is divided to two sections, one for cleaning supplies, the other for cooking.

The two landed in front of the 'dorm' and went in. The lock can only be opened by a registered fingerprint data, when students run it on their PDA. The ones who have access are the current student living in the specified dorm. However, if a student wishes to registers someone else, they are allowed to even without teacher's permission.

Haley signed Shiren's data within the lock. She went to store away her clothes and items that her parents had sent to her over package delivery while Shiren wandered in curiosity and boredom. Once everything is in order, Haley came back to find Shiren asleep on the couch. She let out a giggle and crouched down next to him. She shook him a little.

"Hey, wake up. Shiren! Wake up!" She said repeatedly. The orange hair boy stirred and hazily opened an eye. In a split second she felt herself drowning into the sea blue eyes. It didn't last long due to him getting up with a sigh.

He stood up and so did Haley. He looked at her with a face. "What are you going to do now?"

"I'm gonna go check out class. You can stay here if you want... Or not... It's up to you." She said with a shrug.

Shiren watched her with careful eyes. His gaze went to her neck and he realized she had a necklace this whole time. "You've kept it?"

Haley's gaze went down as she grasp the flower shape pendant in her hand. Her heart was pounding fiercely as she nodded with a sheepish smile. "I couldn't just throw it away... It's the only thing I have left now... To remind me of you..." She admitted.

Shiren smiled. "I'm glad." He started walking towards the door. "If you need me, you know where to find me." He went outside and flew away on his hoverglider.

Haley let out a deep sigh. She started making her way to the school's main building. She looked around to find it nearly empty. Well, that's not surprising, it is still in the 'New Year' holidays. Class will start tomorrow. She explored the classrooms, lab, computer room, library, cafeteria, the hall and the sports yard. After discovering where each room is located, she went back to her dorm and fell asleep.