Chapter 6 Two is better than one

Author's note

This is the first chapter that features Chloe's POV. There is a reason for this. She will become a much more major character here on out. I hope you like how this book is going! Vote, comment, and fan please

Chapter 6 Two is better than one

Lucas’s POV

       A small noise lifts me into awareness, and all of a sudden, I remember whose arms are around me. Emmett is still holding me from last night, and everything seems so peaceful. I lie there in his arms, as I try to hold onto this moment, before I get up for the day. Sleeping is so much more comfortable than when I was a human. I don’t have to go to the bathroom anymore, so I could lay here forever if I wanted to. Emmett shifts in his sleep, and I roll over to meet his gaze.

       “Good morning baby” he breathes, voice still thick with sleep. I smile at the sound of his voice. His hand moves to cup my face, and we lie there in that peaceful moment for an entire hour. Now that I’m a vampire the seconds are easy to keep track of, and we eventually roll out of bed after sixty three minutes, and fourteen seconds. I’m looking through a completely new section of clothing in our closet, when his hands wrap aroung mine, and he hugs me from behind.

       “We’re going on a date tonight” he says into my ear, and excitement sparks within me. This is the first normal moment we’ve had in such a long time. I remember the last date we went on, and the suspense to see what he has in store is likely to kill me. I slowly turn around, keeping his arms around me. When we’re facing each other, I move in closer and place my lips to his. The kiss takes my breath away even though we’ve been together for months now.

       At that moment a knock on the door pulls us out of each other’s arms, and Emmett walks over and pulls the door open to let Chloe in. She’s wearing a white and red sundress, and her blue eyes are like crystals today. She’s the expression on my face, and her face springs to life with her most charming smile. We’re both happy for the first time in a while, and everything seems to be falling into place. I turn back to Emmett, and put my arm into his, and we walk from the room.

       The house still seems a lot less cheerful without the presence of the others, but I’m not going to let that effect my mood. Emmett leads me down the steps, and we turn into the kitchen, and I feel my stomach lurch. The smell of cheese fills my nose, and just like before it still smells appetizing. That’s not what made me lurch in surprise. Alice is sitting at the bar, and her face is frozen in a smile. She dashes to my side, and throws her arms around me, before pulling Emmett in as well.

       The sun begins to sink below the horizon, and I fidget nervously, as my stomach continues to jitter. This is the first planned, beautiful date. Our most recent one doesn’t count really. He used it to get to my secret. I hear the front door open, and I speed down the several flights of stairs, until his face is right before mine. He takes my hand, and leads me from the house, as everyone smiles at our hands entwining perfectly. Chloe is beside herself with joy, and I know why.

       She’s incredibly happy that I’m not spiraling out of control with depression. The door closes behind us, and we’re alone. He leads me around the car, and opens my door. I sit down, and he’s already there. The engine is running, and we’re moving. I look around as the greenery races past us, and we drive farther away from our home by the minute. For some reason I’m reminded of the moment, when Emmett drove me out of my small Georgia county for the first time.

       We pull into a harbor, and I see the boat that we road on that fateful day. I look over at him, and see that he’s smiling sweetly. I hurry from the car, and meet him on his side. My hand wraps around his tightly, and we walk slowly to the dock. When we’re standing beside the boat, I look at him before jumping into it. I feel the boat lower slightly into the water, as Emmett jumps in with me, but I’m only looking at him. I wrap my arms around his neck, and look deep into his eyes.

       “I love you Emmett Cullen” I whisper, and he smiles. His eyes squinted against the last vestiges of the sun.

       “I love you too Lucas Everitt” he replies, and my knees literally weaken on the spot.

       “I have something to tell you” I say, and his breath catches slightly. I can tell he doesn’t want me to ruin the date, but I won’t enjoy myself until I get this off my chest.

       “What is it?” he asks, and I take a deep breath in an attempt to gather myself, preparing for the worst.

       “The night that I went after Rosalie, and was turned, I went to see Carlisle. You already know that. I gave him a sample of my sperm, so that he could invent someway for two males to biologically make a baby. He has found the way for us to have children” I blurt out, and his expression softens.

       “That’s what your secret was?” he asks, and I nod, so he continues. “I want to have a family with you Lucas, but I will not make kids with someone, unless we have made the ultimate commitment” he says.

       “What like sex?” I ask. He nods silently. I think it over in my mind, for a few seconds. That seems pretty reasonable. That’s how kids are usually made, so he wants to make that move, before we make children. He does want children though. I grab his hand, and he starts the boat. We take off away from the shoreline, and into our future. We’ve finally broached the subject of sex. This is the start of the rest of our lives. Two is better than one, I think, as the waves begins to crash over the sides of the boat.

Chloe’s POV

       “Chloe, would you like to come with me?” she asks, from the other couch. I look over at her short black spikes. Alice is really a wonderful person. She’s always nice, and so perky all the time. I couldn’t do it.

       “Sure” I tell her, standing up and grabbing my purse. It feels nice not to have to worry about Lucas at all times of the day. We make our way to her yellow Porsche. I’ve never driven in a car this nice. It’s breathtaking.

       We drive in silence, as she speeds down the highway. When we reach the Forks grocery store, she smiles at me. I roll my eyes, and get out of the car. I’ve always hated over happy people. They annoy me, but Alice’s happiness seems genuine, so she doesn’t annoy me as much.

       “Esme made us a list, so let’s split up okay?” she asks. I nod in agreement because I prefer doing things on my own. I grab the list she’s holding up, flash her a smile, and take off in the opposite direction.

       I round the corner in such a hurry that I run right into a young man. He has brown curly hair, and blue eyes. His eyes are almost my color. That’s awkward.

       “I’m so sorry” I stammer, but he smiles, before bending down to pick up my list and the pen I dropped.

       “Don’t be. I’m Jackson” he says with a lofty smile. I blush softly, and he smiles even bigger. I like him.

       “I’m Chloe” I practically whisper. His smile grows even larger at this point. He takes the pen, and begins scribbling something down on the blank space at the bottom of my list. He promptly winks at me, before leaving me alone, and breathless in the middle of the bread aisle. I look down at the paper, and see that he left me his number. I smile proudly, before making me way down the aisle, and completing my list. I silently remind myself to call this cute, mysterious boy. This could be love. He did look like an angel after all.