【Getting Closer】

"Oh, Akashi-kun came here early!" The council's secretary said with her usual cheery smile on her face

"He's always early. It's creepy how precise he is" The GA manager replied with her usual disgusted tone and high-and-mighty attitude.

"The Prez will be absent today," the Treasurer informed.

"Why is that? Ditching responsibilities, again?" Akashi asked

"Do you know the problem with crime happening around this area, especially within the school range? We discussed it yesterday"

"Yes. Our students are being threatened for money by a bunch of outsiders" Akashi replied.

"The Prez is trying to handle it by herself in the sixth route from here."

"What!? That woman..." Akashi growled as he got out of his seat and walked out the door.

"What is she doing? Does she seriously think that she can take on those people without a plan? Impossible!" He thought to himself.

*****

As it got dark, he arrived at the sixth route to see you hiding behind a lamppost as you wrote in a small notebook.

He hid behind a lamppost that was across the sidewalk from yours, "That was a bold move to take action alone, without a plan"

"Hello Kohai-kun. I was getting bored from waiting here for 45 minutes" You replied with a calm smile.

"Thanks for saving me the time, but I'll be taking over now" He demanded.

"Huh? I'll be the one capturing the culprits" You said looking away from him.

"I guess this is where our rivalry starts. I might be taking your position quite shortly" He replied.

"What are you saying? You took action after me, right? Were you willing to put more of our schoolmates under danger for any longer than it already has?" You asked in a dark manner.

"It's such a foolish move to fight criminals on impulse. You'll just get hurt" He stated.

You smiled suspiciously as he tensed up a bit, "This is what your weakness is, Kohai-kun. You lack experience. The thing is, I already know who the criminals are; I fought them last year as the vice president" You explained as you got up from your hiding spot.