Chapter 1

Chapter 1

This was one of the few times I was allowed out of the ship for my independent research. What Lord Megatron thought of as a waste, i saw value in. Here I sat in my vehicle mode watching, observing, and learning about the primitive, yet dominant, specie of Earth. In fact, I had already learned much about the human race. I had made several connections to our own specie as well. Oh, but there was so much more to learn! They were all the same but each was complex in his or her own way. Their social behavior, personalities, choice of clothing; all of it was individually much more complicated than their anatomy or any physical characteristic.

As you can see, even describing my research can easily get me off topic. Let's return to the story.

I was in my vehicle mode, which was black with dark blue trim. I was a sports car in the terms of this planet., I was parked in front of K. O. Burger. This was my favorite place to do my research since it reminded me of my commanding officer whose name was Knockout. He did not understand my fascination with the humans either. However, he did get it cleared for me to make my excursions, which, in my opinion, ere far too few and long in between. Suddenly, my attention was ;placed elsewhere when I heard the word "Decepticon". Where had it come from? Who said it? The only person outside of the establishment was in a black, leather riding suit atop a blue motorcycle.

Wait, something appeared on my scanner. It was an Autobot symbol. The motorcycle was an Autobot. Lord Megatron would not be pleased with this. My expeditions were the only reason I was allowed off of the ship. He wanted to be sure that he would always have a functioning medic. I wasn't kept up to date on their battles.

Perhaps if I just went about my business and didn't move, the Autobot wouldn't see me as a threat and would leave me be. I was too hopeful. The motorcycle came around the building and parked next to me. The rider, a hologram apparently, disappeared. "Why are you watching my charge, Con? Planning on kidnapping Jack when he gets off of work?"

"Jack?" I questioned. I didn't know who this Jack was.

"Don't play dumb with me. I know Megatron sent you."

"Lord Megatron only allowed my research trip. He did not send me anywhere," I informed her. I may as well tell her the truth.

"Research? What are you talking about?" It was obvious that she was highly suspicious of my intentions.

"I study humans. I find them to be truly fascinating. This is my favorite place to conduct my research. The name remind me of ,y commanding officer," I explained.

"A Decepticon interested in studying humans? What kind of joke is this? You know what? It doesn't matter. I'm calling in backup and we're taking you to our base so Optimus can question you."

This was exactly what my liege wanted to avoid. My voice became dark and threatening.

"You can try, little Autobot. But I warn you, I am every bit as lethal as Soundwave or Lord Megatron. My liege made sure of that before he even considered starting to let me off of the ship."

Her tone was just as acidic as before. "Lay a hand on any human and you're done for!"

"It is illogical to harm the beings of my study, but I suggest you take you human and leave. Soundwave is watching and has orders to get Lord Megatron so they can intervene if I have a run in with an Autobot. That means they're on their way." I had spotted Laserbeak just seconds before. He always followed me.

At that moment, a human youth walked out of the building, his eyes immediately falling on the motorcycle. He was the Jack the femme was talking about, and he knew of our existence on this planet.

"Hey, Arcee!" he greeted the motorcycle. "Where to?"

"Base! Get on now! The car next to me is a Decepticon, and Soundwave and Megatron are moving into intercept!"

"Intercept who?" he asked cautiously as he got onto Arcee.

"Us!" she said in a panic as she hit the gas and they sped away.

"Finally," I sighed.

"Nightstrike! Return to the ship!" Lord Megatron ordered. "Soundwave and I will take care of that Autobot. Wait for our return in the communication hub."

"Yes, my lord." Soundwave sent me coordinates to the ground bridge, and I drove through it. I transformed half-way and walked the rest of the distance. I waited, as told, by Soundwave's computer.

I looked down in disappointment. Of course, I knew the moment the Autobot showed up that my research was done for today. Maybe even forever. It's not like I could help it, though. Whatever it be, I would have to put up with my punishment. Surely I would be punished for not being more careful about where I chose to work. I probably could have found some way to know that the boy was under Autobot protection.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My apologies that it took so long to get this up.  I just haven't been motivated.  Anyway, should I continue to post parts of this story?  Those of you who read Silence know that this story is complete, but I'm working on getting it typed onto my computer.  It's short because I wrote it in my free time at school in a composition book.  Give me your input on it.  Do you like it so far?  Thanks in advance. xoxo