chapter 14

Chapter 14

They were going to get as much energon as they could from the abandoned mines first. Then, they would start hitting he mines with the least amount of troops and work their way up as necessary. While they were gone, Ratchet and I made a list of everything needed for the space bridge. Most of what we needed was in storage. We decided to work with what we had first, then get what we didn't have when it came to the time to put that part on. We decided to build it next to the ground bridge.

Once he came back with some supplies, I immediately got to work since the blue-prints were already in my head.

About an hour and a half into the project, and alarm went off. I paused.

"Don't worry," the medic sighed. "it's just the proximity alarm. Our liaison Agent Fowler is here."

Hmm the government official. "Shall I excuse myself?"

"No,no. I'll take care of it." He continued connecting panels while I bent and reshaped them delicately.

"Prime! Do you mind telling me- why in the name of Sam Hill is there a Decepticon commander in here?!" The human jumped upon seeing my Decepticon insignia.

"Optimus is out getting energon. But if you must know, Agent Fowler, Nightstrike has switched sides and is helping us with a very important project."

"She was one of the head Cons! How do you know she can be trusted?"

"We have all the proof of her allegiance that we need. She may have done some things we don't agree with, but she was most courageous in stealing information so that we Autobots may return to Cybertron. If you have any further objections about her loyalty, feel free to take them up with Optimus Prime he returns."

I smirked at Ratchet's outburst. I didn't know the bot had it in him.

"Wait, you're going back to Cybertron? You're gonna just leave the Cons to terrorize Earth?"

I finished the piece of metal I was working on and tossed it near Ratchet. "The Decepticons planned on leaving the Autobots here with no way off world. They're currently building bombs to take out the Autobot A.A. guns on Cybertron. Once that's done, they'll leave to reclaim our planet. Why do you think no one's seen a warship floating around? It's on the other side of the moon where the space bridge is."

The agent tapped his chin thoughtfully. "You have detailed insider intel. I'm going to have to debrief you."

"Frag that!" I growled. I noticed I had made Ratchet jump, so I took a deep breath. "There's no time. If we don't get to Cybertron to warn the Autobots before the bombs run happens, the Decepticons will take over and the Autobots will be labeled as outlaws and marked kill-on-sight."

I handed him a tiny version of the list of things we needed. "I need you to get these things so we can finish building the space bridge faster. Do this, and you'll be helping to save a whole world."

He saluted and nodded. "You can count on me."

"Thank you, and please hurry. Time is of the essence."

The man turned and left.

"How long do you think it will take him?" I asked the medic.

"A few hours. How long do you think it will take the Decepticons to finish building the bombs?"

"Any time." I looked over at the recharging cats. "Hopefully the others will return shortly. If we can get the storage chamber completed before they get here, it can be filled up and we can be done that much faster."