chapter 16

Chapter 16

Not long had passed when I came upon the Command Center, and I was thankful for not being spotted.

I wasn't really thinking when I busted through the glass that separated the room from the outside world. I just flew through and transformed with my hands in the air while every available weapon was pointed at me.

"What makes you so bold as to just show up here...alone?" Ultra Magnus asked.

"I've come with a warning, and this was the fastest way to reach you." I kept my hands in the air, showing that I meant no harm.

"A warning?" he questioned. "Or a threat?" His grip on his hammer tightened.

"Purely a warning, Ultra Magnus, sir. Megatron plans on blowing up the A.A. guns so he can bring the Nemesis and takeover the planet now that it's alive again. The attack could come at any moment."

He whispered something to the enforcer next to him. The enforcer nodded and walked to the console.

"How can we believe you? You wear the Decepticon insignia after all. And we tried to shoot you down once before," I explained. "I have a message for you from Optimus Prime if you need confirmation of anything."

"A message from Optimus Prime?" he asked in disbelief. "Play it at once!"

I played it.

He made an announcement over the speakers in Iacon. "All Autobots report to your battle stations. This is a level red alert. Any Decepticon or Decepticon aircraft coming towards the planet is to be shot on sight. This is not a drill."

For the next few minutes, I stood alone at the center of what looked like organized chaos. Autobots ran towards where they were supposed to be. Emergency protocols were activated. If I didn't know what was coming, I would say they were preparing for an invasion. I was well aware that that would actually happen if the bomber showed up before the Autobots were fully prepared.

"The name's Prowl."

I turned my head and saw the enforcer Ultra Magnus had been talking to. We shook hands.

"I'm going to have to keep track of you at least until this whole event blows over. Can I get your name for our records?"

"Nightstrike," I answered. "You'll have an easy job since I'll be staying right-"

It started. A seeker could be seen flying towards the guns.

"Bring that seeker up on the big screen," Prowl told a nearby bot.

A couple of seconds later, we could see him clearly. I'd recognize that red and silver color scheme anywhere. "Starscream," I whispered.

"That's Starscream, alright," Prowl confirmed. "But how is he dodging every single shot?"

It wasn't surprising to me.

"His flying is the only thing he's good at. May as well make it amazing. However, this predicament only leaves us with one option."

"I'd take anything at this point. What are you thinking?" the enforcer asked.

"Besides Starscream, I'm the only one on this planet that can fly."

"What's your point?"

"See you on the other side."

My words hit him like a ton of bricks. "No! We'll find another-"

I wouldn't hear it. I transformed and broke through the window in a different spot, leaving them an even higher repair bill. I always thought it was good to get in a final laugh before you died.

I never saw myself as being noble. But now, I didn't see how I couldn't be. I was the only one who could stop what was going to be the genocide of the Autobots. Funny how I used to be a lowly medical assistant and now I'm saving an entire race.

I was flying at Starscream at unimaginable speeds head on.

He commed me. "Nightstrike?!"

"Hello Starscream." I mentally smirked.

"What are you doing?!"

"It's quite simple, really. If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me.

I transformed on top of him. After crouching down, I reached my hand under him and shot the compartment he was carrying the bombs in.

First I felt extreme pain. then, a ringing in my audio receptors. Then, fire. Then...nothing.