Sitting in silence

He inhales deeply, trying to distract his mind from the incredibly dark thoughts that haunt it. The weight that has settled in his chest pulls him towards the ground and he eventually gives in. Tyler falls to the floor, weeping miserably. He is so unhappy with his life. Tyler just wished that there was something, or someone that would stay with him.
Unable to handle his own thoughts, the small boy reaches into the medicine cabinet and pull out his sleeping pills. He carelessly fumbled for the cap, unscrewing it with difficulty.
Tyler finally opens the small container, and dumps the prescription into his frail hand. The small handful of green-blue pills mock him. The brunette hasn't slept in over two weeks, and hasn't eaten in at least four days. He can't bare to look at himself. He knows he's a mess. I will never amount to anything anyways.
He takes the pills and dumps them into his mouth. Grabbing a cup of water, the weak boy chokes them down. I've finally defeated my demons, he thinks to himself, smiling at the small victory. He lays down on the bathroom floor and awaits the inevitable fact that death is now upon him.
Closing his eyes for the last time, he lets out a sigh of relief. I am no longer a burden to anyone.

• • • • • • • • • • •

Tyler's eyes flutter open, and He prays to a god that he doesn't believe in that he has reached the afterlife. To his disappointment he is in a hospital bed. His roommate, Brendon, is perched in the small chair next to his bed. Brendon is sleeping, so the younger boy doesn't bother waking him up. It looks like I already bothered him enough tonight, considering I'm here instead of dead.
The worst part is that in the quiet of the hospital, he is left to his own thoughts once again.
Another failure, just like the rest of your life. You couldn't even kill yourself, you fucking loser. You worthless piece of shit. Why can't you just die already? It would be doing the both of us a favor.
Tyler can't stand the voice in his head anymore. He begins to claw at his face as hard as he can. It's the most damage he can do at the moment. He's not at his best, considering He's weak from lack of food, and tired from both the pills and lack of sleep.
He wears himself out after deciding to rip out his IV, and falls asleep, blood still dripping from the marks on his face and the small hole in his arm.