[ RQ ] His Awkward Confession | nishinoya x reader

Requested by : @Hikaru59Hitachin

I hope you enjoy! Sorry for the delay!

-

Everyone stared at the huge cap at the middle of the circle intensely. There was an eerie silence hovering the atmosphere as some of the students forming the circle were sweating nervously, glancing at eachother. You, yourself, were also sweating bullets. Being only one of the females, it was quite nerve-wracking to think that the possibility of going inside that room with a male was high as a 50 floored building.

"Well? Are we going to start or what?" Tsukishima asked, breaking the tension. Everyone snapped their heads, their gaze transferring to him.

"Right," Sawamura said nervously. The volleyball club nodded silently in agreement. You gulped.

It was already past 7 and the volleyball club were still inside the gymnasium, squatting and forming a huge circle with a cap claiming its territory in the middle. The rain was heavy and lightning struck about twenty minutes ago and the team decided it was best to stay inside, just to be safe. You were one of the managers of the team. So here you were, playing Seven Minutes in Heaven with these dorks.

"Yamaguchi, you start." Sawamura demanded. Yamaguchi immediately cowered and shook his head vigorously. Sawamura could see that the male was the most frightened of all so he decided to let it go for now. "Okay then..." His eyes travelled around the circle looking for someone to start.

Then his gaze landed on Nishinoya.

"Nishinoya, you start." He said.

Nishinoya let out a huge grin and it was obvious he was not at all nervous. "Okay." He chirped as he stood up and went near the cap. Once the cap was in front of him, he bent down and rummaged through it carefully, his tongue sticking out. You prayed silently that it won't be your item or you'd be dead meat.

'Please not me, not me, please!'

"Aha!" He exclaimed as he took his hand out. And there it was, a blue ballpen, shining like a motherfucking star.

"Fuuuuck..." You cursed slowly.

Actually, you had a major crush on Nishinoya ever since you joined the team as one of the managers. You tried to avoid him at all cost because you thought that crushing on someone was such a waste of time. But theeen, you failed. Then you realized that you actually loved the guy. He kept clinging on to you and it was really hard to stop liking him. Once you take the love cab, you never go back.

Everyone knew you had a crush on him.

Except for himself.

"Who owns the blue ballpen?" Hinata asked curiously when no one claimed who the owner was. You stayed silent and tried to act natural.

"I think it's (name)-senpai's." Yachi chimed. You feigned a look of disbelief, "No, it's not." But everyone completely ignored you. Sugawara hummed, "Now that I look at it, I saw a glimpse of blue when she placed her item inside the cap." You glared at him slightly.

Damn Sugawara, you knew he didn't actually see anything, he just wanted this to happen because you knew you had a crush on Nishinoya. The rest of the team nodded in agreement. You glared at them all, standing up and dusting the dirt off your sweatpants. "Okay, fine."