7. the city's ours until the fall

song: new americana
luke's pov.

"Luke! Luke!" I hear a voice screaming in my head. I can't recognize it at all, its not michael, he's right next to me.
"Calum? Ashton?" I say back.
all of a sudden, michael shoots up from his place next to me, running as fast as he can outside.
and when i mean outside, i meant out of the walls. out into the world we despised.
i go out after him, unsure of what to do.
ashley comes up to me, "where is he going? and where is calum?"
"i...i...don't know."
i hear michael yell, "calum no!"
i go pale, the thought of any of my babies getting hurt again was something i never wanted to think of.
i hear six gun shots, a scream, and silence.

mikey's pov

screaming in my head is what woke me up.
the screaming of my name, pleading for help in a voice that sounded like they were in pain.
calum had gone out that afternoon, it was the day we could go see our families if we had one.
i knew it was a bad idea, seeing as how everyone in the outside world was after our asses.
"mikey god please help!" it was calum screaming those words in pain.
i shoot up from my place on the bench next to luke in the training room, running as fast as i can to calum.
i see regionals attacking him.
i'm not sure of what to do, if i use my powers, i'll get banished.
i take out my gun, shooting every white suited hell demon straight in the chest.
i pick up a sobbing calum carefully in my arms, "sh sh sh, its okay baby, are you hu-" before i can finish my sentence, i see my hand is covered in that red liquid everyone here hates.
"make it stop!" calum screams. he can barely breathe he's crying so hard.
its his shoulder blade, clearly a nasty, deep knife wound.
i run back to the training room, running through it to get to the hospital.
i hand him over to one of the doctors, then they shoo me back to the other room.
i stand in front of luke, ashley and everyone else, panting and covered in blood.
"what the fuck?" kylo says, breaking the silence.
ashton reads my mind, "calum got attacked by regionals, i shot them down, and he had a knife wound in his shoulder blade. he wouldn't stop screaming and crying."
and at that, a loud cry of pain coming from said kiwi boy echoes through the room.
"you shot them?" ashley says.
i pick up my gun with my bloody hand and hold it up to show her.
"y-yeah." i say.
im shaken up, im having flashbacks that i really don't want to have.
this was how my parents died.
stabbed to death and i had to watch every second of it.
i remember sitting in the living room, hands covered in my parents blood.
i couldn't stop crying, begging loudly for someone to help.
no one ever came.
"mikey, are you okay?" luke asks.
not even luke knows about what happened. not a single person does, except ashley.
she senses what's going on inside my head, "cmon, mikey lets go get you cleaned up. the rest of you get back to work." she puts my arm over her shoulder and takes me back to her room.
she washes off my hands, and i stare at the sink watching the red go down the drain.
"do you need to go rest?" ashley says softly.
i shake my head, "n-no, im...im
g-good." i give a pathetically weak smile.
"michael."
i sigh, "i g-guess."
"you can stay here." she says with a smile.
"r-really?"
she nods, "its okay mikey, i know thats hard. come back out when you're ready."
she then leaves to go talk to josh or something.
i lay down on the bed, sinking into the mattress.

this ain't fairytale lane y'all they're all gonna get hurt so just a heads up

thoughts¿