13. there's a storm you're starting

somg: hurricane by halsey.
i apologize for not updating in so long, i've been extremely busy!

luke's pov

we stood there.
staring.
miles and miles and miles of sand.
"are we really ready to do this?" calum says.
michael nods. "we can do this."
so the four of us stepped out into the hot sand, and it all changed.
there was a force field placed in between the borders.
"oh god." ashton turns around and touches the air, his hand is met with an invisible wall.
the heat is already excruciating, beads of sweat forming on ashton and calum's foreheads.
"well. let's start walking."
see, getting to Dreamland isn't just walking.
the whole point of the badlands is to test your ability of your powers and intellect.
i have my hand grasped tightly onto mikey's arm and calum is holding my hand, gripping onto me like its the last thing he'll do.
"michael, luke, why aren't you sweating?" calum asks.
"its the serum." we reply in unison.
"damn serum." ashton mumbles.
michael rolls his eyes and looks around, seeing for any other sign of life.
"looks like its just us." he says.
"luke!" i hear a girls name call, shes panting and her voice seems close.
i jump and whip my head around, "juniper?!"
juney catches up to us, "hey!"
"what the fuck, where did you come from?" ashton says.
she shrugs, "i saw you guys. i was trying to find you, but i thought hey, why not go help them, i've been through this before."
"you're mental." i say.
juniper walks alongside us, explaining all the obstacles we'd sure run into.
"great. now juniper is going to be reported missing, just like the four of us."
"oh no. i told ashley where i was going. i told her you were here, too."
"what! you told her?" i practically shout.
"yes i told her!" juney retorts. "i had no choice, everyone thinks you're dead."
michael sighs, "jesus christ, you're gone for a day and you're automatically six feet under."
"i see their reasoning, with this world we live in." calum says.
we continue walking, then we reach a water stop and fill up our water bottles.
michael is staring to get light headed, so hes floating beside us, flying around in circles.
i giggle, "mikey, what are you doing?"
he shrugs and floats on his back, "walking is for losers."
ashton rolls his eyes playfully, "i agree." so ash floats on his back as well next to michael.
"ugh, no fair." calum whines.
"here, baby boy." ashton flips on his back, "you can sit on my back, i'll carry you."
"yaay!" calum climbs on top of him and sits criss cross.
juniper giggles, "i can show you the woorld."
"oh good lord." luke laughs.
so far, this trip wasn't as bad.
but, i shouldn't be jinxing it.