40. Two Left Feet

"DINNER!" Euphemia sticks out her head out of the kitchen, "BOYS!"

"Lily," I hand her the plates, "seeing as you were so kind as to run off home and not help cook."

"Oh, wonderful." She pulls a face at me before grinning, taking the plates. Lily came back half an hour ago, looking slightly red in the face, as if she had a shouting match with someone.

"And the little princes have finally arrived." Monty ushers the boys from the four to the table, and we sit down.

"Hey." Remus sits himself between me and Peter, his curls still slightly damp from the shower and really just all over the place.

I reply with a smile, "Hey, how-"

"Watch out kids, it's hot." Dad interrupts us by bringing a wooden board with the steaming turkey to the table. He turns to Monty, "Would you like to do the honours?"

"Alright." He takes the very scary looking knife and-

"WAIT!" James' voice almost bursts my ear drums, and Peter is now probably deaf since he was sitting next to Potter. We stare at him in complete silence as he gathers himself, "Sorry... I- I mean we need a picture."

Mrs Pettigrew rolls her eyes, "And here we were thinking something terrible happened."

"Well it's an emergency." James mutters, before going to retrieve his enchanted camera.

"Is he like this every year?" Lily asks, brows furrowed in confusion.

Sirius sighs dramatically, "Most unfortunately."

James comes back quickly, and sets his camera to float just in front of the table, making sure everyone fits in, "Okay my sweet biscuits, on three... two...one..."

He dives in beside Evans just before the camera flashes.
Oh my sweet Morgana I've been blinded.

"Oh curse the world!" Sirius seems to have the same thought as me, "I've been blinded! Before I could set my gaze on the love of my life! I will never see my firstborn!"

"Oh shut it!" James groans, printing out two of the pictures, "You'll be alright."

"Oh..." I don't expect it, but James hands me one of them, "I- thanks."

There we are, all in a little frame, like a snippet of pure happiness, only smiles and nothing else.

*

"Does this dress make me look ugly?"

"You what?" My jaw almost drops to the floor when I turn around to see Lily looking her sky-blue dress down in the mirror. I've seen muggles in her magazines wear the same box style, and it fits her small frame very well.

She pulls at her hair in frustration, "Horrible! Why did I get this colour?"

"Because it suits you?" I pull her away from the mirror, cringing at the glimpse of the scar on my ribs as I do, "Look, I'd so anything to look as good as you. Don't be so mean to yourself."

"Let's get you sorted." She smiles half-heartedly, zipping up the back of my dress, "Ooh, classy."

"Thank you," I bat my eyelashes, giving a little twirl, the flowing sleeves flapping, "from what little muggle fashion I know, hippie style is now a thing."

"Burgundy suits you," she nods, throwing my cloak at me, "and the cloak."

I fasten it, lastly turning to pull out the plaits in my hair. My hair goes a sort of puffy curly, and that's really all I can be bothered with, so I'll just wait for-