Chapter 2: The Awakening

* Third person view *

A leaf falls slowly and softly to the ground. When it touches, the leaf burns and turns to ash.
Inside the Ellcry, a young druid awakes. Gasping for fresh air to fill her lungs. She coughs up dust that she had breathed in. After her coughing has settled, the young druid looks at her surroundings. All around her is tree branches and roots. She was sitting on a table of some sort that was made out of stone. On the left there was a door. When she takes everything in, she tries to stand up but her legs give out. Letting her fall down onto her knees.
Again she went to stand up but this time she leaned on the tree. After awhile she got used to the feeling of standing up and goes to walk. She walks over to the door and opens it up to go outside. But when her hand touches the door, she is sent back into her memories .

*Flash back*

Allanon, Eventine and l walk into the sanctuary . I hold my head up high full bravery and courage. But deep down inside I'm scared. What will happen to me? Will l burn, fall into druids sleep or will l lose all of my power. All l do know that it will hurt.
We reach the other druids. I am not alone when l go though with this. The druids said that everyone who helps with the Ellcry dies. Beside the vessel. So only Allanon and sher will be the only druids alive. But l fear sher shall die soon. As everyone knows magic comes with a price. Usually it is Physical and rarely mental. But unfortunately for sher, his price was mental. With the amount of magic he used, he won't be the same little sher l once knew.
"Celeste. It is time" l look over to my left to see Allanon holding his hand out for me. I gently place mine in his and walk over to him.

*Flashback ends*

*Celeste prov*

I fall on to my back and hit my head on the ground. As l start to think about what had just happen. I fell a tingling in the back of my head. Soon my vision becomes clouded with black and l was again fall asleep.

*Allanon prov*

Eventine, his two sons, a few black guards and l stormed into the sanctuary. There l see the most horrific sight. The Ellcrys is dieing and along with it, Celeste. I walk over to the closest root and run my hand over it. This can't be happening. If the Ellcrys dies, the demons will be released. And Celeste would be gone for ever. As for l can already feel her spirit slipping away. I walk back over to Eventine and give him a knowing look.
" The Ellcry is dying and we must save her "Eventine looks over to the Ellcrys with a pained face. He knows what l mean by her. I look over to the prince and can see that they have no idea of what is going on. I leaned closer to Eventine and whispered to him.
" You didn't tell them about Celeste! " He look at me right in the eye. " At lest l kept my promise. Where were you? " l pulled back and shock my head. I turned and walked out of the door. If l want to save her, l must get the last Shannara descendent and find the book.

*Time skip*

*Celeste prov*

I woke up with a pounding head. During my sleep l had recalled a number of things but not a lot. I only remember who l am, what l am, my best friends Allanon and the elf king, where l am, what the war was about and what happened. I stood up and reached for the door. I forced all of my weight on it with hopes it will open. Luckily it did. As the door swing open, a blast of fresh clean air rushes in. It blows my hair away from my face and behind my ears. I quietly snuck out of the Ellcry. I hear voices behind me. I turned around and look inside the tree. I put my head inside and tested out my voice.
"Hello! Is someone there?" I look around the room and there is no one. Yet again l hear the voices. They must be on the other side of the Ellcrys. I climbed up the tree and hid behind some of the leafs. I can still feel the connection between me and the Ellcrys.
Suddenly l hear a thud and a cry of pain. I looked down to see a sight of horror. There on the ground lied a young elf stabbed in the stomach. Standing above him was a female elf holding a knife covered in blood.
"What are you?" A raspy voice said. I look up and saw the elf eyes change. They went silver then red. Demons. I climbed further into the tree hopefully to avoid the demon. I look back to the elf and demon through the leafs to see that the demon has left. Suddenly black once again filled my vision, as l fall limp on the branch.

*Vision*

I have my hand placed on the Ellcrys. I pulled it away to find that the Ellcry is covered in blood. There is a screeching sound in the background along with the sound of bodies being torn apart. I turn around to see the great elven city destroyed. All around me is rubble and dead people. I feel a hand grasp my leg weakly. I look down to see a young elf coughing up blood. A scream ripples though my mouth. I fall onto my knees screaming and vomiting. A batter of wing interrupt me. I look to my left to see a fury feasting on the dead.

*vision ends*