The Moment When

wooh just felt like putting one up c:

-Nykexx (:

----(>o.o)>#----

Chapter Three: The Moment When

7 years ago:

"Jadey! C'mon, we're goin' to miss the sunset!" Leigh-Anne calls out, waiting for the younger Geordie to rush down the stairs.

"I'm comin'!" Jade runs down the stairs a bit too fast and stumbles into Leigh, nearly knocking them both down, but Leigh holds onto Jade securely.

"Be careful, Jadey," Leigh giggles and helps her gain her balance.

"Sorry about that Leighly," Jade apologizes shyly, stares down at her balled up hands.

"No one got hurt, c'mon lets go." Leigh holds onto Jade's hand firmly and leads her out the house.

They pass by Jade's one story house and head towards the park that they play at nearly everyday. Jade turns her head everywhere, looks at the tiniest ant on the sidewalk, grass that hasn't been cut in months, the scattered clouds across the light orange blue sky. She looks in front of herself and is so entranced by the dark curly haired girl leading her to the sunset.

Jade lets a little smile form and is just happy she met someone as kind hearted as Leigh.

"Whatcha smilin' about?" Leigh asks, a wide dimple smile spread across her face.

"Just excited to see the sunset with you," Jade says and sits down in the tall grass, ignores the itchy sensation against her skin.

"I'am too," Leigh agrees, sets herself close to Jade with their thighs touching.

They sit in silence and don't mind the quiet void between each other because it's just about the sunset right now. Leigh glances at Jade and smiles to herself because Jade seems so excited to see a sunset. They can see a sunset whenever, but it's the last day of school and now they can have a bit more freedom.

The Sun is slowly going down, the light decreasing as it continues to set. The sky is a perfect mix of orange and pink, and all Jade and Leigh know is that they won't ever forget this moment.

"Jade, will we always be best friends?" Leigh asks, grabs onto the grass tightly, scared of her response.

"Of course, if we stay together then yeah," Jade reassures her, smiles genuinely, reaches for Leigh's hand to find that familiar warmth.

"Okay, good, 'cos I got worried for a second," Leigh says with a sigh of relief.

"You're so cute."

"Awh, you are too."

They both share a giggle and stare into each others eyes. It goes quiet and Leigh is pretty sure she can hear her own heartbeat. Leigh doesn't understand what this feeling that's overcoming her and Jade isn't any different. Leigh-Anne is Jade's first true friend and it took her a few years to get used to having someone want to talk to you everyday. Leigh made Jade want to be more social, play around more, enjoy being a kid instead of focusing on work when they're still young. Even though they both know grades have to be top notch, they still find ways to have joyful times together.

Jade has a special place for Leigh in her heart and she likes to keep it that way. Leigh of course, always loves to be around Jade. Jade doesn't understand why Leigh sticks with her when she has many more friends and Leigh does because Jade keeps her balanced.

It's like a movie scene where two little kids just kiss here and now. No clue what they're really doing, but they see their parents do it a lot. It's a quick peck, but it certainly means something to each of them. They pull away and have a nervous giggle then just stare back at the Sun that's already set.

"Lets go back to your house," Leigh says and stands up in front of Jade, lends her hand to help Jade up.

"Okay, want to watch a film?" Jade asks and takes her hand.

"Disney, right?"

"Mhmm!" Jade doesn't let go of Leigh-Anne's hand and she doesn't mind the extra warmth from Jade.

Leigh wouldn't mind to feel Jade's lips again. Honestly, she liked how it felt and she doesn't find it strange it was Jade she kissed who's a girl. Love is love and that's what both of them think. So, Leigh stops in her steps, leans to Jade and pecks her one last time, a surge of warmth in the depth of her stomach.

"Uh, sorry," Leigh apologizes embarrassedly.

"N-no, it's okay. Really, it's fine," Jade stutters, cheeks burning because she wanted that to happen again, but didn't know how to say it without embarrassing herself.

They enter Jade's house and greet her mum before going into her pastel purple room.

"What film?" Jade asks while going through the tapes.

"Well, we haven't watched Aladin in a while surprisingly," Leigh answers, gets comfy on Jade's bed.

"Yay!" Jade cheers, puts it in the player and joins Leigh.

After getting an hour into the film, Leigh is starting to drift asleep, her head nuzzled into the crook of Jade's neck. Jade is still latching on what happened earlier. She's as confused as ever and she doesn't understand what this is. A crush? Jade has had crushes on boys, but not on a girl, especially on her first best friend who makes Jade smile daily. So, she finally decides to ask after debating with herself:

"Leigh, the moment when we kissed, did it mean somethin' to you?"