Chapter 8

14 Days Until...

Josh

"Hey Brooke?" I ask on the ride home from school. It's a Friday night and the last day of school. "There's a party later, I was wondering if you wanted to go? I'm leaving for my old town on Monday and it could be one of our last chances before I'm gone to hang out. I'll only be there for a week and a half but still."

"A party? Josh, those aren't really my thing at all. You can go if you want but I think I'll skip out on it." She says. Her eyes have been getting sadder lately, showing less light. And all week I've been trying to get it back. Nothing has worked though. She isn't talking much, or eating. Trying to get her to eat is like trying to make a baby walk. And I hate that I have to leave her for a week and a half. I'll be coming back on the 30th and it's the 17th now. And I'll be leaving on the 20th. Mom and I will be packing mostly the entire weekend, but the only reason we are going back there is to see old friends and hang out with them. "Brooke c'mon please? How can you know they aren't your thing if you've never even been to one? I know you have a bucket list and one of those things is go to a party with the sexiest man alive. So you may hate me, but I'm forcing you to go." She giggles and rolls her eyes. "You'll have to drag me out of my house then." I kiss her lips gently. "Don't worry baby, we'll drink the night away and have fun." The bus pulls up to our houses and we walk out. "Now go get ready, wear something fit for a party baby girl. I'll see you in a couple hours."

Brooke

I cannot believe that ass is making me go to a party. What makes him think I'd want to spend more time with the hoodlums that infest my school? Yeah he is definitely on drugs if he thinks I'm going to enjoy this. Then again, there will be alcohol and dancing and music. Maybe I will finally be able to let loose. Forget everything that has happened. Forget him, his hands, his everything. I haven't told anyone. Not Max, not Josh. No one. I don't even know who he was, I blocked that out of my mind. I thought I blocked all this out but lately it has all been coming back to me. With every single one of Josh's kisses and his hugs, something springs back at me from the boxes I shut them in. And the memories cause depression, an endless sea of blue, fading to black, then blue when Josh is around. The black is dangerous, floating in it means streaks of crimson against skin. I cut every single day. Sinking into myself and my thoughts completely unable to shut them out. Josh is both my savior and my downfall. But with good there's bad right? It's unfortunate that life works that way. But then, life is not fair. Not an ounce of fairness in it. Just loads of depression mixed with a spoonful of happy. But I suppose I could try the whole party thing. You only live once right? What do you even wear to a party? Fuck it I'll just figure it out.

A few hours later I'm standing in front of my mirror with my hair curled. My nails are painted black and I'm wearing a red dress. It's knee length and strapless. The top of it is like a corset with black strings. For shoes I have on black wedged boots. I grab my phone and walk out of my room.

Me- Hey Josh, I'm ready

Josh- gr8 ill head over to pick you up now

Me- cool see u in a sec

I walk out the front door and wait for Josh to come over. Soon enough his door opens and he walks out. "Damn Brooke." He says with a smile on his face. "You look gorgeous."

"Thanks Josh, you don't look to bad yourself." He's wearing a dark blue beanie and a white t-shirt with black jeans and converse. If nothing else, he has style. "Well thank you. Are you ready to go have some fun?"

"Yup, bring it on." I say walking ahead of him to the car. And then we are driving off to my last night of fun.

Before we even pull up you can hear the music blasting. Josh parks the car a couple minutes away and as we get out the music gets louder, if that's even possible. "You ready for this Brooke?" He asks me his eyes lit up from the excitement and adrenaline that's coursing through our veins. "Absolutely. I'm completely ready for a night of fun." We open the door and are greeted by the smell of booze, sweaty bodies and fun. The music is obnoxious. Some rappy hip hop crap. But it doesn't matter because everyone is here for their own reasons. Whether it's to get lost in it all, chill with friends, or just because. Ashlee, Courtney, Destiny, and Evan are all chilling in the corner, not caring who sees them getting all up on him. Or that they're all doing it. And him being the ass he is, is completely enjoying it. God that just makes me sick. "Hey babe, I'm going to go get us both a drink ok?" He kisses the top of my head and leaves walking towards what I assume is the kitchen. I look around, leaning against a wall just observing everything. Natalie by Bruno Mars comes on. It's just about the only song I'll dance too. I walk onto the dance floor and get lost in the music. Not caring anymore about who sees me, just getting completely caught up in the buzz that drowns out all the other emotions.