Chapter 12

1 Day Later...

Josh

I can't believe her parents won't let me in to see her.  It's complete bullshit in my opinion.  I have been sitting in this waiting room with my mom for the past 24 hours.  Just hoping that I will get the chance to see her although I highly doubt I will since her parents hate me and she won't be able to walk for a while.  I get up out of my chair and walk around to stretch my legs.  After sitting there frozen in shock for forever it's needed.  I still can't believe she attempted suicide.  And right before I got there.  It's like the universe wanted me to save her and knew it was going to happen soon so they sent me to take care of it.  Okay, I know I sound crazy but I haven't really had much sleep the past day.  And we all got busted for our jail time so my time away wasn't as fun as we all thought it was going to be.  Most of us were on house arrest and I was going to be once I got home but then Brooke tried to kill herself and that ended that.  I'm pretty sure my mom thinks I've gone through enough for now.  I look down the hall they took Brooke.  I want to go down there so badly.  Just to see if I can find her.  A woman walks in looking tired and worn out in an office outfit.  "Josh Fragran?"  She looks around.  "That would be me.  Is it about Brooke?  Can I please go see her?  I haven't gotten any sleep and I need to see her to see if she is okay."  A smile crosses her face.  "Brooke is okay.  She's alive."

"Thank god.  That is such a relief.  I don't know what I would do without her."  She is alive.  Brooke is alive.  The universe does give a shit.  "She would like for you to go in to see her if you would please follow me."

"What about my mom?  She'll be wondering where I am."  She smiles at me again.  "I'll send a nurse out to tell her, don't worry.  Everything will be taken care of."

"Okay."  On that note, she leads me down the hall and into Brooke's room where she is sitting watching something.  I open the door quietly.  "Brooke?"  I say with a smile bursting onto my face.  Her head whips around.  "Josh?"  She smiles excitedly, so happy to see me.  I rush into the room completely forgetting about the therapist and wrap my arms around her tight avoiding her arm and her leg.  "God Brooke you scared me so badly.  Don't ever do that again.  Please just promise me you won't leave me Brooke.  I really just god damn need you so fucking much and if you left I don't know what the fuck I would do."  She smiles into my neck hugging me back with one arm.  "I won't leave you Josh I promise."

"Good because a life without you is a life that I can't even begin to think about.  I need you more than you could ever know."  I start crying into her neck.  I'm just so relieved that she is okay and well and alive and just oh my god they might have to shoot me in the ass with a sedative in order to get me to calm the fuck down honestly.  "Josh baby I'm not leaving you or hurting you ever again.  I couldn't.  I love you way too much to ever try anything like that again."  She holds me as best she can as I sob into her shoulder, so many emotions are flowing through me and I just can't get a handle on them all it's kind of crazy actually.

Brooke

Holding him as he cries, I feel horrible about trying, hell, even thinking about it in the first place. "Brooke, I'm so sorry I couldn't get in to see you sooner." He looks up at me from my shoulder, sitting up again. "It's okay, I know you would have been here sooner if they had let you." A slight smile crosses his face and he brings me into him, holding me gently, like I might break. "Brooke..." He nuzzles his face into my neck, breathing me in. "Yeah Josh?" His lips brush again my skin, causing me to shiver slightly. "I love you. I've only known you a month, but I love you."

"I love you too Josh." He smiles big and kisses my lips gently smiling. I kiss him back and everything just feels like it's falling into place for the first time in forever. (Not the Frozen kind, sorry I had too XD)