Finally Success

You looked up and saw multiple station like things set up for training. You were pretty confident that you could do it but are starting to doubt yourself. That happened a lot. You would get happy or excited then fail or back out. You just hoped that this time it would be different. You all lined up in rows while Keith went on about the gear and you listened intently, not wanting to miss something important.

Timeskip to after Shadis lesson thingy

You see Mikasa and Sasha do it pretty flawlessly but see a few others struggle with their balance. Everything seems to be going fine until Eren falls upside down. Keith begins yelling at him and you start to get nervous. You turn around to see everyone's reaction. Some people look worried while others are laughing or smiling. You sigh then look sadly down at Eren. You were going to say something to him when you hear your name being called. You walk over to the station that Jean was at and get hooked up. You get a little shaky before they even lift you up because you're so nervous.

You feel your feet leave the ground and you straighten out. You calm down your nerves and before you know it you're balancing perfectly. People begin staring at you due to you almost perfect performance. You get really scared when a crowd starts to surround you, intent on figuring out how to be that good. Your face heats up and you feel a slight shake starting again. You know that you're about to fall, and wobble a little bit, but luckily you feel yourself slowly being taken down.

You unhook yourself from the cable like things that held you up and quickly find your way through the small crowd, getting as far away from everyone as possible. You go and sit down on a wooden bench and hold out your fingers and see that they are shaking more than before. You ball your s/c hands into fiststs and try to think of something calming. That task shouldn't be that hard but it is. There aren't very many peaceful or happy things to think about in this world anymore. When you were really young nothing mattered and everything was always sunshine and rainbows but now... now it was different.

You missed the people you lost and the people that you never had. Your father was always out drunk or messing around town with his drinking buddies. Even though he was sometimes with you he wasn't really "there". It felt like you had been alone all of your life. Even though your mother tried to be there for you, it was hard for her. She was always working and trying to make money and you couldn't blame her. It was when she was gone all the time, that she wasn't aware of what went on when your father came home.

He would constantly harass you and he would find it funny when you would cry. It was probably one of the reasons that you still had such a low self-esteem. It was bad but nothing compared to the day that they died. It was terrible. Even though you weren't really on the best of terms with them, it still broke your young, fragile heart, seeing them being eaten alive by those monsters.

Though it was a hot day, you shivered, remembering that horrendous time. You looked around and tried to get your mind onto a better subject but you couldn't. All you could think about was pain and death and you started to cry. You could no longer take it. Everything was taking it's toll on you. From being sore and tired to memories and emotions. It was all too much for any one person to handle at times.

"A-are you okay?" You heard a voice ask from behind you. Without looking back you sniff then nod your head yes.

"Are you sure? You're crying," The person continues again.

"I said I'm fine!" You growl angrily, taking you feelings out on this random person who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"O-oh... sorry for i-interrupting," He says as he walks past you towards Reiner. You look up-way up-and see that the person speaking to you was Bertholdt. You immediately feel bad for being rude to him of all people. Besides, he was just trying to help.

"W-wait, Bertholdt-t!" You stutter, catching his attention. He looks back and sees your tear stained cheeks and pained expression.

"S-sorry, f-for being rude," You say. " I w-was just ups-set, that's all." He comes over and sets down next to you and looks down towards you.

"No problem, It's fine," Bertl says as you two meet eyes.

"You're really tall," You whisper out, more to yourself than him.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you," he asks.

"I said, Th-that you're r-really tall."

"Oh, yeah, I guess I am," he says rubbing the back on his neck. You giggle at his cute action then shyly look down at your feet.

The two of you sit there silently for a few when Bertl asks,"Why were you crying?"

"I w-was just t-thinking ab-bout stuff," You stutter, suddenly nervous.

"Are you sure you're alright?" he asks looking at your still shaking form. You're happy that someone seems to be concerned about your well being but you don't want to trouble anyone.

"Y-yeah I'm f-fine, but ummm I should p-probably g-go," You muter, beginning to stand up but he reaches out and gently touches your arm.

"W-wait. You can talk about it if y-you want?" He says as more of a question. You sit back down and look up to him.

"I shouldn't trouble you w-with my problems."

"We can just talk about anything if you want," He says, desperate to get your attention.

"Okay."

About 10 minutes later. Reiner's POV.

I look around for Bertholdt and I see him sitting next to Y/N talking and laughing. I don't want to be rude to him but he's talking with y/n. MY y/n. Well, I haven't exactly proclaimed my love towards her yet but I pretty much assumed every guy knew that I liked her. I walk over and stop right in front of them. I stand there for a while then loudly clear my throat. They both look towards me and y/n slightly jumps.

"Hey, I was just looking for you y/n," I say , seeing her blush.

"O-oh, I was talking with Bertl," She says sweetly.

"Anyways, You did really good on the 3DMG," I say sitting down beside her. y/n's blush deepens to a dark crimson color across her glowing s/c face.

"T-thanks. I was r-really nervous but I'm glad that I-I didn't screw up," She says clasping her hands together. I lean back and put my arm behind her on the bench, startling her. She looks over at me and I wink.

"I-I have to g-go," She says as she stands up. She turns back and shyly waves, more to bertholdt than me.

"I think you scared her away," Bertl says.

"If only she wasn't so shy..." I say. "I'll just try a more gentle approach next time"

"Next time?" My friend asks.

"Yep, next time."

A/N
Sorry, I was really stalling on the update. I wrote about 2 paragraphs then got sidetracked and didn't come back for like, 3 days. On a better note, Which guy do you want me to do next? Includes Erwin, Mike, Levi, and everyone else that I haven't done yet. The poll is here. I'm starting an AOT one shot right after I publish this chapter so feel free to request! HAPPY READING!!!