Chapter 15

Iris's POV

It was a little past 8pm. I was sitting on Peter's couch, watching The Simpsons and drinking from my 3rd bottle of wine. That's pretty much all I had been doing the past 4 hours since Peter and Wade left.

I think I had came to a decision. I did want to marry Wade. I still wanted to be with him. So that's what I would do. I would forgive him. And I would be with him.

As I laughed at a joke said by Homer Simpson, I felt my phone buzz in my bra. I took it out and checked it. I had received an email. When I looked to see who it was from, nothing was there. I opened the email. A video was attached. Curious, I clicked on it.

A video began to play of a nearly naked girl dressed as a police officer dancing on someone. I assumed she was a stripper. Why was I receiving this? Maybe someone sent it to me by accident.

The video soon ended. Maybe someone did mean to send this to me. I couldn't just jump to conclusions. I replayed the video and looked closer.

The more I watched the video, the more uneasy I began to feel. I knew something was wrong. When I replayed the video for the 7th time, I finally realized something. The person being danced on was none other than Wade. My phone fell from my hand.

I felt sick. So very sick. Like I was going to puke. I started to cry. I threw the wine bottle into the wall. It shattered and the red liquid splattered everywhere, resembling blood.

I started to not be able to breathe. It felt like the room was filling up with water and I was drowning. Distraught, I left the apartment. I needed air. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't stand that apartment anymore.

How could he do this? Why? Was I not good enough? I didn't understand.

Venom's POV

It worked. Within a few minutes after sending the email, Iris stumbled out of Peter's apartment, crying. She began to run down the empty sidewalk.

"Follow her," we commanded.

Iris's POV

I sprinted hard and long. I stopped and broke down. I fell down and sat on the empty sidewalk. I was only about a block away from Peter's. I pounded on the cement angrily. I did it with so much force, the cement cracked with every hit.

"I hate you! I hate you so much!" I yelled.

I stopped hitting the concrete and sobbed into my hands.

Venom's POV

"She's distracted crying on the sidewalk. Do you want us to get her?" asked one of our henchmen.

"What do you think? Get her, you idiot," we said.

"Yes sir," he said.

Iris's POV

As I sobbed on the sidewalk, I suddenly heard a vehicle pull up next to me. As soon as I looked up at it, I felt something hit me in the arm. Confused, I looked to see what it was. It was like a bullet. But it wasn't. When I looked at it, I knew it was a tranquilizer. But it hadn't worked because of my healing factor.

Suddenly, I was hit again. But I still didn't go down. I stood and tried to run back to Peter's. But after being hit six more times, I finally blacked out.

Venom's POV

"Sir, we have a problem."

"What do you mean, we have a problem?" we asked.

"Someone else got to her first. They tranquilized her and now they are loading her into a truck with a eagle on the side of it."

"EAGLE?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?" we yelled.

"What?" asked the henchman.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. got to her first! Now we'll never get her!"

"Sorry sir," he said in a nervous voice.

"Get back to headquarters, now!" we shouted, disconnecting our earpiece.

This was a complete disaster! How would we ever get her now? How?!

Peter's POV

I was happy when I got back to my apartment. I was glad to be away from that dirty and weird place that Wade had dragged me into. I could've been saving people!

I knew Wade had followed me. One, because I could sense it and two, because he had been calling after me the whole walk back.

"Peter! I'm sorry! I shouldn't have took you there!" he said.

I entered the apartment complex and took the stairs up to the floor my apartment was on. When I got to the door, I took out my key.

"Peter! I'm sorry," he said once again as soon as he reached me.

"Don't say sorry to me. You should say sorry to Iris. Why would you do that to her?" I said.

"She won't ever know so it's not like I hurt her," he said.

I glared at him.

"You don't get it, do you? IT DOESN'T MATTER IF SHE DOESN'T KNOW. It's still wrong! She may give you a second chance. But you don't deserve it. If only she knew," I said.

"Peter-"

"I won't tell her about this. Just know that you'll always be thinking about this. And some day, you'll have to confess and face the consequences," I said.

He remained silent after that. I turned back to the door and unlocked it.

We entered and went to the living room. Iris was no longer on the couch. She was gone. The tv was on, playing The Simpsons. Her phone was on the couch. I noticed red wine was splattered all over the wall next to the couch. Shattered glass and red wine was all over the wooden floor.

"What the hell?" said Wade.

"Where did she go? What happened?" I asked.

This didn't give me a good feeling. Something bad had happened.

Wade picked up her phone from the couch.

"Something is wrong. She never would leave without her phone," he said.

"And she never would leave when she knew it would put her in danger," I said.