Come lie with me

Title: Come Lie With Me

Pairings/ Characters: Slexie, with appearances by the entire Seattle Grace team.

Warnings: Sexual imagery, and some language

Summary: What happened after Lexie and Mark's night together?

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. Those Slexie fans at ABC do.

A/N: Okay, so much explanation is needed. This story is based on the future. I wanted to write about Slexie from another perspective, and before I knew it I had written and imagined all of. This will be a multi-chapter fic, and I will try to update it whenever possible.

***

Mark considered the darkness to be a seductive thing. In the beginning, the darkness had been something to fear. It was a big and vast thing that his eight-year-old self could not control and not avoid. It came everyday and stayed for hours at a time. It had been his constant fear and constant companion. But as he had gotten older, those fears had retreated into the back recesses of his mind. He had begun to associate the darkness with sex, and it took on its present seductive quality. But still, there was that part of him that hated closing his eyes alone, which liked the presence of another person sleeping next to him.

This was why he was both grateful and terrified to wake up the morning after he had taken Lexie to bed. He had enjoyed every minute of their time together, and would treasure them always in that smallest corner of his heart which he reserved for impossible dreams, but now he had to confront reality. When he opened his eyes, it was still dark outside and there she was, lying next to him, curled up in a little ball with her feet pressed against his warm thighs and her back against his chest. Mark allowed himself to savor the sensation for a moment, but only for a moment.

He then eased himself away from her and walked to the bathroom. Under the hot spray of the shower, he began to feel that guilt creeping in. What had he been thinking? He shouldn't have done this; he should have been stronger. Derek had been so clear; Lexie was off limits. He had known this, but when she had been standing there with that vulnerable look in her eyes and her pleading words, his control had snapped. He hadn't wanted to be strong anymore. He was tired of denying himself one of the only things he had ever truly wanted. But now...

Now the guilt.

When he stepped out of the shower, Mark dressed quickly and grabbed a pen and paper from the desk. On the hotel stationary he wrote:

Sorry, Little Grey. I had an early surgery. Stay as long as you like and order breakfast. Until Later, Sloan.

Mark knew it wasn't fair, but he had to keep things as professional as possible from here on out. Lexie would understand; she had to.

***

When Lexie woke, she felt sore in all the right places. She stretched out her muscles and then turned to see a note in the place where Mark should have been. Reaching out, she picked it up and held it above her head. As she read its contents, a frown appeared on her face. If anyone else had come upon this note they would have thought it was as much a note between professional colleagues as lovers. Lexie didn't know what to think. She was back to Little Grey again? Did he think of her as nothing more than a tag-along little sister? And what did him signing the note with his last name mean? Lexie had never called him Mark except at the height of ecstasy, but still. What did this all mean?

These questions were running through her mind as she dressed quickly. As soon as she got to the hospital, Lexie was going to confront him. She promised herself this.