Author's Note

Hello there, and welcome! I hope you like long chapter books...

Before we begin, I would just like to say a few things. First, please know that yours truly is but a simple fiction writer, who produces things such as this work in her spare time as a hobby. I am by no means paid to do any writing of this sort, so it was a long time in the making!

Also, this was the first major novel I'd ever written (fan fiction or otherwise), worked on for over a year when I was just a teenager; but it's one of my absolute favorite stories from the greater world of Super Mario, and above all I was determined to finish it. Thank you for giving it a chance!

For most of you who know about the game Luigi's Mansion: this is a pretty faithful novelization of the original story, with some little (and big) changes and additions to make for a better book. (You be the judge!) It also includes some music tracks from the original game to help you get a better feel for the story if you wish. If you've never played the game, you might enjoy it even more, unless you're just obsessed ;)

Needless to say, this is a fanfiction, but you really don't need any prior knowledge whatsoever of the videogames to enjoy it to the full. I did my best to make it relatable and bring the world to life, where everyone learns along the way. I hope it paid off!

And lastly, worth noting: this book may contain some dark or emotional themes, and certainly plenty of spooks! - but is definitely appropriate for all ages.

So, feel free to vote and comment if you enjoy, and don't hesitate to ask questions or give your thoughts! I love your input ;)

So... let it begin.

~NintendoJedi

Welcome to your mansion...