Chapter 1

"I get it, dad! I get it!" I chuckled. I'm currently talking to my dad on the phone.

"Okay then, Dakota. I'll see you next month." He said and I ended the call.

As a 24 years old woman, my parents constantly worried about me. They always wanted to make sure that I'm happy and that I'm doing okay. I was bullied at school and I was stressing out a lot. At first, I never told my parents about it. I don't want to stress them out because they already have a lot on their shoulders.

After highschool, I told my parents that I want yo study abroad and my parents let me. They were going to send me out anyway. I studied in London and I loved it. My family decided to move to London too because they somehow knew that I need them.

I started to change when I start my diet. I started to go to the gym and eat healthy. I lose a lot of weight and became so much happier.

As the youngest member of the family, I have two older siblings. One sister and one brother to be exact. Jane is an architect and Simon is a doctor. My parents are in trading industry. I studied business in college and decided to take over my parents business.

I moved back to LA a year after I graduated from college. My parents are still in London and they will move back soon.

"Dakota.." I turned to Celine and she looked at me confused.

"What?" I asked.

"Why are you daydreaming at Friday morning?" She asked and I'm actually just tired these days. There's so many deadlines, good for her that she's a chef. She doesn't have any.. deadlines.

"Just tired, that's all."

"You need to take care of yourself, you become skinnier." She sighed.

"I just need a day of rest, that's it."

"You know, I think I should cook for you everyday and send it to your house." She took her phone out from her bag.

"No, please don't."

"Dakota, if you're sick, your parents will make you go back to London." She said in my mom's tone and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm a grown woman." I put my highheels on and put some files inside because I have to go to the office.

"You're obviously still a daddy's girl." She said as she grabbed her cup of coffee.

"I'm not." I grabbed my mirror to check myself.

"Yes, you are."

"No."

"You need to go now?" She asked and I nodded.

"The meeting is in 45 minutes." I looked at my watch.

"Okay, just go. I'll close th door for you later." She said as I walked out the door. I grabbed my car keys and walked into the lift. I left my apartment and quickly go to SouthWest Company for a meeting.

We're planning to make a big collaboration and we predicted that a lot of companies will join us. There's around 50 companies which is pretty good.

I got off my car and walked into the building. I have 15 minutes left. I don't like being late so I ran to the meeting room on the 3rd floor with the stairs. I needed to prepare some things too.

When I opened the door, I crashed into someone. I apologized quickly but I was stopped by that person. I turned my head to see Nico Callahan.

"Sorry." I said without thinking. He looked at me dumb struck. I raised my eyebrows looking at him.

"It's okay, it's my fault anyway." He smirked.

"Okay." I said as I pulled my hand away. I don't want to see him, he's my biggest enemy and the only person that I wanted to kill.

"Wait!" He said as he grabbed my upper arm. I pushed him away and walked towards the meeting room. My heart was beating so fast because I just met my bully. He's the last person that I wish to see in this beautiful earth.

"Hello everyone, thank you for gather here today to discuss our collab project." The leader, Joey, said and I can't hear anything after that. I felt my back burning like someone was watching me. I turned my head to look around the room and I found Nico already have his eyes on me.

The meeting went well and I swear I only heard 20% of the discussion. After the meeting, I avoided people as much as possible. I don't want to bump into Nico again.

I walked out from the room but someone caught my arm. I turned to see Nico, I let out a sigh.

"Hey, I just.."

"I'm in a hurry." I said and pulled my arm away. Instead of letting me go, he pulled me closer.

"What's your name?" What? He what?

"I'm in a hurry!" I said and I took the opportunity to elbow him and ran to the lift.

"I swear I don't want to see you again, Nico Callahan. You ruined my life once and I won't let you ruin it again." I said to myself.