Newly Weds and Introductions

I didn't know why I was nervous before we got married. It wasn't that I had doubts or I was reluctant to make such a huge commitment. It was more of that fact I didn't have any doubts at all. I suppose women's intuition was to blame for it all. I didn't really believe in all of that to begin with. But when I walked down the small corridor to the room where the judge, my soon to be husband and our friends waited, my legs seemed to swiftly move along the wooden floor in a breeze.

Being engaged to him for a year wasn't always easy. When he smiled at me as I reached for his hand I knew all the wait was worth it. Our bodies moving closer as the judge began his words.

John wasn't such a fan of long ceremonies and from what I remember, he didn't even have one in his first marriage. Being an American girl it was completely new to me to not have a ceremony on a wedding day. So John being the wonderful man he is, insisted on the judge carrying on with his words. My hands were sweaty as John put the ring on my finger. It had to be the second most romantic moment of my life. The first? Our engagement.

I knew John was serious about this. We always had a lot to quarrel about when it came to him and his band. Despite his crazy anger and wandering mind, I knew I was the only woman he could rely on at the end of the day. We both benefited from one another in more ways than one.

Our party was held in John's home in London. We didn't even live together yet since I was still residing in America for the time being. But my heart was set on John and we always found a way to be with one another despite everyone's worry and reluctance at our relationship. I knew We'd make it.

Nine-thirty into the party and John was already getting a little tipsy as was I.
....

"You know I hate to say I told you so but, I told you so!" I teased as George sipped from his glass.

"Alright well you were right this time. I call a month before you're wonderin how much longer you 'ave to deal with John's antics."

"I already do so jokes on you." I stuck my tongue out at him. He just smirked and watched me finish my wine.

"Ye know um, about before..." He went on.

"George not now." I rested my hand on his. "Don't make this night about that."

"I can't just let it go Sharon. It went on for..."

"A few months George. Two at the most."

"Does he know?"

I looked down at my empty glass and shook my head.

"I guess it's best he doesn't. A bit late now innit?"

"George."

"What?"

"Don't start. He was seeing someone else so it's not like what I did was wrong either. You were just so kind to me when he was at his worst. You remember what he was like don't you?" I fiddled with my bracelet.

"I do. I remember when he hit you."

"That was one time when he was drunk. He's a good man and I know things always seemed rocky but it's more than that."

"D'you ever miss our nights together?" He asked.

"Often. And I shouldn't George." I looked up at him. "I don't regret it though. You helped me through a lot and made me a better person. I love you."

He smiled and kissed the top of my head. "And I love you."

I squeeked when John pulled me by the hand, wrapping his arms around my waist. Lips all over my neck as I giggled.