A New Life with New Company

The movers seemed to pass me by in slow motion as they brought in the furniture without breaking a sweat. A cup of tea in my hand as I sipped slowly and sat on the kitchen counter, dangling my feet back and forth while waiting for John's call.

How could I have not known I was pregnant for that long? I mean two months sounds like a lot but I wasn't even showing in the slightest. This made me rest a hand on my stomach and add pressure, feeling for anything new.

Nothing.

Two months. Well not yet but it will be soon.

Despite all the worrying and thoughts that built up in my mind, I was excited. It's what John and I have been wanting for awhile now. Even before marriage. Julian will be joining us soon and I was happy to know he'll have a little brother or sister to teach.

"So you're misses Lennon huh? How's that going?" One of the men leaned against the counter and crossed his arms. A sly smirk on his face. "You know I've seen your pictures in the latest issue of Playboy. Why not show off more of that body?"

I just smiled sarcastically and took another drink. "You're cute. Are you done?"

"Don't kiss and tell huh? Yeah we're just about done. Gotta set up the beds."

"I'll do it thanks." I hopped off the counter and looked up at him. "You can leave now."

"Tough girl. C'mon men let's not waste the lady's time."

I just giggled as the room cleared out and I was left alone in the newly furnished and box filled home. Then the phone rang.

"Hello??"

"Aye Love it's your dear loving husband. They get in alright?"

"Just finished up. I miss you."

He chuckled. "Already love? I miss ye too. Just a few days.."

"Days!?" I nearly shouted.

"I've got a few days left with recording my final songs then.."

"John I need you here now." I leaned against the wall. "I've got news."

"Are you alright?"

I sniffled and felt my eyes watering. "Last week I went to the doctor to check out if everything was alright."

"Is it because you passed out during filming?"

"John...I'm pregnant."

I had to pull the phone away from my ear due to his over excitedly shouting and cursing.

"Fuckin hell I knew it! I fuckin knew it I bloody told McCartney I was suspecting it soon!"

I laughed completely in awe. "You've wondered??"

"Well we 'appen to shag almost every night we can love. No protection 'as been in play. I was worried for a bit wonderin if somethin was wrong with me cock and all."

I laughed, shaking my head. "There's my John. We need to celebrate. Can you come over??"

"Sharon love I wasn't lying when I said it's goin to be a few days. We've got recordin and plans for one last gig."

I sighed and looked at my bare feet. "It'd just be nice to have you here. I mean I'm all alone in this place and I thought maybe we could break in the new furniture..." I hinted playfully. "Looks like I'll just have to do it all myself."

It was silent for a few seconds before he answered. "Two days."

"Two days." I smiled.
....

Two days I had until Johnny came back to me. In the mean time I decided to unpack, shop and get more aquainted with the area.

So that next morning I found myself making a doctor's appointment, getting a call from John and heading out for some shopping.

I was just locking our door, when I was tapped on the shoulder making me jump.

"Oh my goodness!" I laughed.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to frighten you! I noticed the movers yesterday evening and was relieved to see new neighbors."

She was thin with dark long hair. Her voice held an accent that I knew must have been asian. In her hands she held a small basket with baked goods.

"I thought maybe I could introduce myself but I see you're leaving..."

"Oh no I was just off to do some shopping. It can wait. You want to come in??" I fiddled with my keys.

"No no its alright..."

"No I insist please. It'll be nice having some company." I smiled and unlocked the door walking inside. She followed and looked around. "Don't mind the mess I'm doing this all alone at the moment."

"You're husband?" She asked.

"How'd you know I was..."

"Lucky guess. Also there's a photo of you and a man kissing there on the photo above the fireplace."

"John. He's away at the moment in England." I waved for her to sit at the table while she watched me set the kettle on. "I lived with him over there for awhile. Never was a tea drinker but, London will do that you ya." I grabbed two cups and sat across from her. "I'm terribly sorry I haven't even gotten your name yet!"

"It's Yoko." She smiled.

"Sharon. My husband of course John Lenn... Just John." I cleared my throat.

"I know who your husband is I can tell right away. I have to admit I've seen your picture in the theatre a month ago. To be honest I was a bit star struck at the sight of you..."

I blushed. "I've just been in small things now and then. It's my modeling that really keeps me going."

"Well you and John seem to compliment one another."

"How so?" I asked curiously while pulling the kettle off as it whistled.

She shrugged. "You two just seem like a perfect match is all."

I just smiled and poured her cup then sat back down. "Yoko can I ask you something?"

"Go on."

I stirred sugar in and sighed. "Does anyone else know about John and I living here?"

She giggled and pulled out the newspaper clippings she had in her large purse, handing it to me. I looked it over and pouted.

New residents of New York
John Lennon with new model wife Sharon Duvell, commit to stay in New York apartment. Escape from past crimes and affairs?

"Are people still going on about all that?"

"Don't let it get you down hun. It's just gossip." She smiled. "I should get going to let you run your errands."

I stood up with her and walked her to the door. "It was really lovely to meet you Yoko. Since we're neighbors maybe we can do things together. Like lunch or laundry."

She giggled. "I'd like that Sharon. Then maybe I can meet the husband soon?"

"Of course. Hey um, thanks for today."

"What do you mean?"

"For treating me like a normal person. I haven't put much thought about how much people still like to gossip and how us living here might have fans trying to wander in."

"Don't let the papers get you down. You're a beautiful woman and I can tell already were going to be great friends."

I squeezed her hand and smiled. "Me too. See you around."

"Enjoy the basket!" She called out as she disappeared around the corner. I smiled and headed back inside, shutting the door and heading into the kitchen where the newspaper stayed behind, just waiting for me to read what it had to say. Yoko was right. I shouldn't pay attention to it. It was just gossip.

"Throw it away." I said to myself. "Throw it away."

I walked over and grabbed it, crumpling and tossing in the bin.

Good girl.
.......