Crazy talk

Going to sleep alone in a new place always made me uneasy. The unfamiliar setting, the different smell, the emptiness of the spot beside me as I tossed and turned in bed. It had to be about two in the morning as I huffed, staring at the dark ceiling.

"Two months." I whispered, sitting up and counting the months, holding up seven fingers. "Seven more months."
....

"How's the weather there?"

"Sunny."

"What I'd give to get a bit of sun about now. Haven't left the studio since I got in at seven in the morning to avoid the bloody press."

"Well you'll just have to stick it out today. Then you're all mine."

"It's sorry I 'ad to run off. I should be there with you. Especially since I made such a fuss for you to stay with me here in London after our wedding."

"It's alright baby. We both have comittments at the moment. Speaking of which, I better call my agent and let him know I'm pregnant so I can finish shooting..."

"Sharon, I think it's best we keep it to ourselves. The pregnancy I mean. Just until we're ready to go public "

I sighed. "You're right. Well either way I have the film then gotta head off to the post office to retrieve some letters that were forwarded from your place. Will you be bringing Julian with you tomorrow?"

"Fuck I forgot about that. I gotta check with Cynthia."

"I'd like for him to be here." I smiled. "Please try."

"I will love. Fuck McCartney just got in. I've gotta go now I'll call you tonight yeah?"

"Sounds good. I love you."

"Love you too. Bye."

"Bye."
....

Today was the last day of shooting and I was more than reluctant when it was a bedroom scene and I was supposed to be naked. I've done a few before, it wasn't the nudity the bothered me. It was the idea of someone noticing anything different with my body that would be questioned. I did just do a photo shoot the other day I mean, can a few days make a difference??"

"Michael we can't keep going on like this. I'm a married woman yet you're all I think about..."

"Then run away with me Mary. Don't let me down."

"That's all I ever seem to do men. I'm not faithful one bit don't you see!? We go off to Paris and travel all over London when Donny's away on buisness. If I can hurt him what makes you think I won't hurt you in the future!?"

"But you wont Mary. I know you love me and only me!"

"Michael..." I tried to protest but his forceful kiss made me silent. My arms guided around his shoulders as he layed me down on the bed.

"Tonight we don't speak." He whispered, kissing along my neck. I shut my eyes, sifting my fingers in his hair. My top unbuttoned revealing my breasts as I ignored the camera getting closer.

"Oh Michael take me now." I recited as his lips returned to mine. The camera panning down until the director yelled cut.

The actor ontop of me pulled away, sitting up as he fixed his shirt.

"So how's the husband?" He smirked.

I laughed and buttoned my top closed. "Shut up we both know you're in denial."

"What cause I want you all to myself...mary." He teased. I ruffled his hair and stood up. "What's it like being married to John Lennon? I hear you got a place here in New York."

"At the Dakota."

"Oh really? I actually live up on the fourth floor with my wife."

"I'm on the third! Oh my god this whole time. When John comes back tomorrow I'm hoping to have a flat warming party. Maybe you and your wife can come down."

"That sounds great. I'll be waiting for your call."

"I'll need your number first." I giggled.

"Oh yeah." He grabbed a paper and scribbled it down, handing it to me. "Here you are. Oh by the way, have you ever bumped into that Asian woman in the building? I think she's on your floor."

"Yoko??"

"Yes! You've met her? She's an odd one I'll tell you that."

"What d'you mean?" I asked as we walked to the table where the coffee was set up.

"Well from what I've heard she's a bit if a looney."

"She seemed nice when I invited her in for tea."

"Huh. Maybe the rumours aren't true then."

"What rumours??"

He chuckled at my interest. "People say she's into some sort of cult. They hear weird things from her apartment and lots of moaning."

"Maybe she's a swinger." I giggled. He shook his head and laughed.

"Maybe. Or maybe she's having sacrificial orgies."

"Drinking the blood of virgins to stay young?" I smiled. "You don't go for that sort of stuff do you?"

"Don't you?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Anythings possible. I mean some of the stuff people believe in is just..."

"What. Crazy? Just because you don't believe in something someone else very much does doesn't mean it's crazy."

"Well, what's your take then?" I stirred sugar into my coffee and took a sip as did he.

"Well I studied mythology and alternative historic beliefs in a University upstate. It was very interesting and made me really change my thoughts on what I called bluff."

"Hmm." I looked at the camera crew and the director sifting through notes.

"Cults huh. You've got me intrigued Eric."

He smiled. "Good. Maybe it'll save your life from Yoko."

"Oh you're terrible." I slapped his arm as he laughed.
.....

As I left the shooting scene and headed down to get food, I began to feel nauseous. My stomach grumbled but it had other plans so I hurried into the small restaurants restroom and shut the stall door as I puked. My knees cold from the hard floor as my body was relieved.

I hurriedly collected myself and flushed, rinsed my mouth and headed back home.

The elevator was something I'd have to get used to. The man named Harold watched the elevators and made sure to let everyone out and in. I stood silently until I was out and headed down the hall where I was met with a familiar face.

"Oh Sharon hi! I was just heading off to meet a group of friends. You'd like to join us?" Yoko smiled. She wore a black skirt with a white top. A large black coat to match the pattern with a large bag over her shoulder. I noticed she was in heels.

"No I'm feeling a bit ill. It's been a long afternoon and...I just want to rest."

"I see. Well hopefully you'll feel better soon! Gotta run!"

"Thank you." I smiled and headed for my door as she headed off. I unlocked and watched her walk away. "Cults...No definitely a swinger." I laughed, shaking my head.

Inside, I tossed the keys on the small table in the short hall, feeling my eyes tire. The phone began to ring, making me stumble over to the phone.

"Hello?"

"......."

"John??"

"Welcome home." A man whispered.

"Hello? John?? Who's this?? Hello?"

Then the line went dead.
......