Fortune ahead for the unfortunates

I always wanted a place to call home. Somewhere I knew I would be settled in for a good amount of time. My place I currently resided was a small loft in the upscale parts of Greenwich village. The smell of cannabis was very common in the streets that it wafted it's way up to my buildings window. This is where John and I found ourselves before we began our day of searching.

My small bed was barely enough to fit both, I was practically holding onto his body for dear life after our session of cordinating and positioning just to make love.

"I think a new bed will be ontop of our list don't you think?" John laughed breathlessly as I played with his hair.

"I'm so glad you flew over here. It really shows me you're serious about us and our life together."

"I would fly to the moon just to be with you."

I blushed and pecked his lips. "John we need to talk about the band. I know we keep skipping around it. I just don't know if you're serious or not."

"About wantin to quit?"

I nodded.

He stared at the ceiling in thought. As he did this I found myself examining his face. How strong his jaw is. The stubble really coming through while his hair messily fell back. He was beautiful to look at. My smile began to show as I traced his features with my finger tip.

"I want us to be together as a real couple. I don't want to just be somethin to write about in the papers."

"You want to start new. That's what it is isn't it?"

"I do. The mates and I still 'ave some work to do. We've been fallin out with our differences I just don't see us goin on as a band any longer. Better to end it now before we tarnish."

I kissed his cheek and rested my head on his chest. "Maybe we should both take breaks."

"Is that what you'd want?" He wrapped his arms around me.

"Why not? I mean we'll be well taken care of in the financial area. Not quit entirely but do small things. After I finish shooting for this film I can focus on my modeling and you can do your own solo work. I know it's something you've been thinking about."

"I've mentioned it when I was pissed out of my mind didn't I?"

I giggled. "Many times. We can do this John. We can start together."

He scratched the top of his head and I looked up at him, pouting playfully. This made him smile with a laugh.

"You're a wonder you are. C'mon let's get dressed and look for our home."

I leaned down and kissed him slowly. Our lips caressing and parting while we ignored the time and decided to make love instead.
....

I heard of the Dakota a few times amongst a few friends from my various photo shoots. It was a beautiful building with a beautiful setting inside. The moment we stepped inside I knew we found home.

"Here we are. This is our current vacant building. The couple before only lived here for a few months."

"Why did they leave so soon?" I asked as the lady opened the front door.

"It was too large for them I suppose. It really is a very spacious place as you'll soon see. It's been re-paintend and carpeted with a beautiful scenery when we get to the living room. Here's the kitchen with fine counter tops. The lighting above will need some light bulb changes to your liking...."

As the woman spoke I looked around the place. It really was large. Definitely not for just two people. John asked questions now and then about the history while I held his hand and was led to be shown the bedrooms.

"...there's three bedrooms I must say. You can make an office or a guest room..."

"This will be perfect for Julian." I said to John. He looked around it and nodded.

"Yeah. He'll love it alright."

"Are you two expecting?" The lady asked. I laughed as John raised his eyebrows.

"Ah no. Not as of yet that is. Julian's my son from a previous marriage. He'll be staying with us when we get more settled. If we take the place that is." He said sternly while looking at me.

I made a face and was pulled along to see the living room. I gasped, making John and the woman look at me.

"A fireplace! Oh John I've always wanted a home with a fireplace!" I practically ran over to it and kneeled on the hard floor. I reminded myself to buy a rug for the area.

"Does it work?" John asked.

"It definitely does. Let me show you the laundry room."

I stood up as John held my hand.

"I love it." I whispered to him. "It's perfect."

"Let's see the laundry room first. Maybe that'll be a hell hole." He joked. I giggled and wrapped my arm around his as we headed to the elevator.
...

"So do we have a deal?" The lady asked as we stood outside the door of what could be our new home.

"I think it's beautiful John. I love it." I looked up at him. He stood in thought and looked at the door, then at me. I folded my hands together in a begging sense and repeated please please please over and over again like a little kid wanting a new toy.

He sighed and kissed my forehead. "Alright then. It'll make the wife happy."

I clapped my hands and smothered John in kisses as the lady happily congratulated us and took us down to begin the paperwork.
...

It was only a matter of time since our relationship began that I wanted a child of my own. Julian was only five when I met him. He was very shy and blushed anytime I showed him affection. Very different from his father but he was loveable just the same. Our first few meetings were only an hour visits until he got used to me around. It was the moment he got sick and I took him to the hospital while John was in his dark stage when I realized I wanted a child of my own.

I remember the love Julian made me feel. I held him in my arms and sang him to sleep as we laid in the hospital bed before his mother showed. Then afterwards I took him for ice cream then to one of my gigs in London for a shoot. All the models adored him and I felt proud to say he was with me.
.....

"We both get a key?" I asked John as we headed back to my drafty loft.

"I got them both don't worry."

"I'm so excited for this John. Are you sure you like the place??"

"It's perfect. You were right. Then once we get Julian settled in we'll almost be a real family."

"Almost?" I asked as we entered my building.

"Until we have a child of our own." He shrugged and pulled me into the elevator. I giggled as he kissed me playfully. My body pressed against his as his hands roamed down my back.

"Is that what you want John?" I pulled back for air as the elevator stopped.

"I do." He breathed.

"Well then. What are we waiting for mister Lennon? Let's make a baby." I teased as he laughed, making our way to my waiting apartment.
...........