Chapter 35

The date we would've had a week ago was scheduled and every time it came to the night it was cancelled by none other than Angelo himself always an excuse for everything, sometimes he would say he was tired or he has work to do. So I gave up after two weeks, he hasn't spoken to me and every time I wanted to talk to him his phone rang or he was busy so I actually gave up on us I knew I shouldn't have fallen for someone who only used me and yet I should have known from the beginning.

Ricardo knew about me and Angelo because Angelo told him what happened and he said that he would be so glad that we could be together. I actually snorted at that and Jim well he was ecstatic but I told him what has happened in the last couple of days and he reassured me that he would talk to Angelo maybe it was nothing or something I don't know it felt like we were back at the beginning of everything we gone through.

I was sitting in the study doing some work on the one hotel as the door opened I looked up and saw it was Angelo

"Are you open tonight?" he asked and I looked at him

"Why?" I asked not liking this

"Because I want to take you out" he said and I was actually angry at this but didn't show it to him

"That's fine" I said and he walked out the study as I went on with the work knowing he would cancel again so I didn't take it seriously ignoring me now he wanted to go out and let me tell you waiting for two weeks was not worth the wait he said he will take me to this little restaurant just outside the city where no one could bother us.

I got ready for the date and walked down the stairs where Angelo waited for me. We walked outside to his car and we drove off but he didn't say a word to me the whole ride it was really the most awkward ride I had with Angelo I played with my hands the whole time trying to come up with something to say but I had nothing so I just watched the places go by in a blur.

We stopped outside the restaurant and Angelo opened the door for me I tried to smile but failed miserably instead I said;

"Thank you" I said and took his hand

"It's a pleasure" he said and we walked into the doors

"Mr De Luca" The gentleman at the door said and escorted us to our seats at the back and then the waiter took our orders I looked around the restaurant it was really beautiful and there was no word for the place accept exquisite you could see it was for people with money but I would never fit into a place like this and Angelo knew that I didn't belong. The waiter came back with our drinks as we said thank you. Maybe downing my wine will make this night go by fast.

"So what do you think?" Angelo asked me and I looked at him but was too caught up in my own thoughts

"Oh um... It looks expensive" I replied looking around and back at him.

"It's one of the places I own" I heard him say why was he playing these games with me? I didn't want to have a night when he was going to be like this.

Our food came later as we ate in silence he said absolutely nothing and I think I actually counted my peas in my plate that's how it really was for me he had nothing to say to me only once and a while asking me if I wanted something else but I declined or sometimes he would just look at me.

I didn't know what to speak about he was always so distant and cold towards me I thought for once after our heated night or just the fact that we have grown closer but I think that was only my imagination because at the pace this night is going saying if I saw Angelo again would be too soon.

I just thought that he would be different or at least treat me different but I knew that was the only way he could get a woman in his bed and throw her away like a ragged dol.