Chapter 4

Morning finally came. I couldn't rest at all since I was so scared. Deciding to get up I quickly change, brush my hair and put it into a braid. Then I went to the council, sitting with the Lothlorien elves. After ten minutes when everyone was here, Elrond began.

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old" he starts, "You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. Each race is bound to this fate, this one doom. Bring forth the ring Frodo."

The hobbit Frodo got up and put a beautiful gold band on the pedestal. I knew what it truly was. The One Ring...

"So it is true." a man says, "In a dream I saw the eastern sky grow dark. In the West a pale light lingered. 'Your doom is near at hand', a voice cried out to me. 'Isildur's Bane is found."

"Boromir!", Elrond says sternly to the man.

Boromir sat down at once.

"Frodo, will you tell us about how the Ring came to you and the many troubles you had to face already?", Gandalf asked.

Frodo told the council basically what Aragorn told me last night.

"Black Riders were hunting me", Frodo says, and I instantly listened again, "Strider got us out of Bree and took us into the Wild. We made it to Weathertop. The Black Riders found us again and I got stabbed by a Morgul Blade. Arwen rode me to Rivendell when we were near the borders. The Riders were chasing us again. We made it safely into Imladris and the Riders got washed away by the protection. Gandalf told me they would come back though."

So that was the delay Aragorn wouldn't tell me about last night. Ringwraiths. I look at him full of concern but he avoids my gaze.

"Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.", Gandalf speaks in the Black Tongue.
(One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)

I couldn't understand what he was saying, but it was something horrible I knew by the way it made me shiver inside.

"Never before has any voice uttered the words of that tongue here in Imladris Gandalf!", Elrond says full of shock.

"I don't ask for your pardon Master Elrond, for the Black Speech of Mordor may be heard in every corner of the West." Gandalf says, "The Ring is altogether evil!"

"It is a gift!" the man Boromir says, "Why not use the Ring? Give Gondor the weapon of the Enemy. Let us use it against him!"

"You can't wield it, none of us can. The One Ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master.", replies Aragorn.

"And what would a ranger know of this matter?", asks Boromir rudely.

"This is no mere ranger." I say speaking at the council for the first time, "He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn."

"Aragorn?" Boromir repeats, "This is Isildur's heir?"

"And heir to the throne of Gondor." A Mirkwood elf adds, "You owe him your allegiance."

"Legolas, Amber" Aragorn says speaking to the both of us, "Havo dad."
(Sit down)

I sit down instantly wishing I didn't say anything at all.

"Amber Light can speak if she wishes to, Aragorn." Elrond says defending me, "She represents Galadriel, The Lady of Light in Lothlorien."

Everyone stares at me in wonder. I look to the ground hoping they would all continue with the council.