Chapter 3: I'm sorry.

"Seth drop it!" I yelled as he ran with my book back to the house. Obviously he had seen all the pencil drawings I had of wolves.

I was right behind him. "Drop it!!" I yelled. Even though I was about nine inches shorter than him, I could keep up with him. I wasn't faster though.

He lead me all the way back to the house where Jacob was. I could tell because his bike was right there. "Give it!" I yelled as we got through the door. He opened the book to Jacob.

"Look!" He said. 

Jacob grabbed the book as I tackled Seth to the ground. "T! these are really good!" Jacob said.

"I know right!" Seth said. Although you had to register what he said as I was on top of him, smothering his face with a pillow. So it sounded like: "Ya go yide?"

Hearing the commotion, Embry, Quil, Jared, Emily, Leah and Sam came in.

"Tori!" Jacob growled. I got up and glared at the gasping-for-air-Seth. He just laughed. Jacob was showing the others the pictures and I snatched it off him.

"Tori? Please?" Emily said. I sighed and hesitated for a moment. I didn't like showing people my work. "Please?" She said I again. I rolled my eyes and handed her the book.

She opened it and smiled. The picture of wolves were all through the book. "See, they are good!!" Seth said. I glared and walked away as Jacob did. I had to get my equipment.

I got to the beach. The equipment was still there. As I picked them up, someone grabbed the gasoline.

"Sorry," he said. Seth stood there. STILL grinning. I laughed and shook my head. "I'm sorry to," I said. "Why do you keep your stuff a secret?" he said. "Fear of disappointment," I slapped my hand over my mouth ahen I said that. "I-I just. When Jacob told me this story about, 'the cold ones' and about our spirit warriors, it gave me and idea to draw these." I said.

He nodded for me to continue. "I just don't think that those look like wolves," I said. "Are you crazy? Those pictures look exactly like wolves!! It's as though you had a model," he said. I laughed. "No, just what's in my head I guess," I said.

I knew this would be the start to a great friendship. "Okay that sounded stupid," I said to myself, aloud. "Hey!" Seth exclaimed. "Huh? Oh! No...I meant something I said on my head," I corrected. He thought I meant the tribal legend he was currently telling me.

I wasn't listening, I was listening to the quiet beat off his heart. We we currently lying on a large rock on the beach. I've known Seth for two weeks and I'd never spent a waking minute without him. Seth was on his back, and I was laying on my side to his left, and my head was propped up on my elbow.

I watched his beautiful chocolate brown eyes dart around the sky as he told the story, his smile and inserted giggles made my heart flutter. I could hear his heart now, as he finished his story and noticed me staring at him. I didn't care.