Chapter 19: Birthdays aren't meant for goodbyes.

HHMMM, last chapter for this book ^^ & I'm proud.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ 

Yuck. I can smell something.

What was it? Skunk? Dead animal?

I opened my eyes, where a blinding light burnt them. Eyes! I can see through both of them clearly! "Your healing kicked in. But unfortunately..."

I looked beside me. Carlisle was there. Carlisle Cullen. I then remembered the events of yesterday. Or this morning. "Thakyou..." I said awkwardly.

He smiled at me. A genuine smile. No fangs, but human sized, pearly white teeth. The only true thing that's different between vampires and humans seemed to be the smell, eyes and skin tone.

If I was ever bitten, I'd use spray tan. I then remembered something that Carlisle had said. "Y-You said unfortunately...Is there something wrong?"

He sighed, and slowly grabbed an oval mirror. This gave me time to inspect where I was. It looked like a library, and I was in a seat that are usually in dentist clinics.

I was still wearing my jumper, jeggings and converse.

"Tori," Carlisle said.

I looked at him and gasped. The oval shape he was holding was a hand mirror.

It was facing me, and I saw it. There were 3 light lines, visible but not as visible and Emily's.

Scars. Placed above my right eyes.

 The first went from just below my hair line , just missing my eye, and stopped just before it hit the bridge of my nose.

The third hit my eye, but there was not scar on the actual eyeball.

"You must have had your eyes closed. Whoever did this didn't want to strike you. They wanted to stop before it touched you. Who was it?"

I though slowly. So it had avoided my eyeball because my eyes were closed. I looked in the mirror again. It went below my eyes, for another 2 centimetres.

That was the longest. The third was vertically level with the 1st. 

"Paul," I answered Carlisle without thinking of any consequences. "What ... day is it?" I asked him. "It's the 15th of August. Why?" He asked me.

It's my birthday.

There was an angry voice outside of the room.

Jacob busted in. He stared at the scars on my face. "I'll kill him!" He exclaimed. "Jacob calm down. Tori. The scars will heal in a few weeks, 3 months at the longest," Carlisle said.

I nodded, keeping an emmotinaless face, until I smiled. "Thanks, Dr. Cullen. See you later."

He nodded and smiled, and then directed Jacob and I out of his house. As we walked through the forest, Jake kept looking at me.

"Stop looking at me Jacob," I said to him. "Jacob? Since when do you call me that?"

"Since you accepted Rachel," I replied plainly. "Accepted? What do you mean?"

"Are you KIDDING ME!!?? Jacob she left us! We were stuck at home, with Dad being in a wheelchair and in deep depression! You stopped talking for months! I was a 9 year old with no Mother, a depressed Father and a distant minded emo of a brother! She left me!"

At the funeral, my sisters Jake and I cried a lot. I remember hearing everyone say "Poor Rachel will grow up with no Mother. Rebecca's children will never have a grandmother, and little Jake, it's wrong for a boy to grow up without a Mother! Victoria had it easiest, because she barely knew her Mother!