19

6:17am.

Just like the other days, there was practically no one there yet when Yoon Jaemi walked along the hallways of the academe. The sky still had a slight tint of nighttime, and that cold atmosphere during early mornings still lingered. She didn't go to school this early just to place the letters inside his locker. No, that would be absurd. She's always been an early bird, and that just happened to be something she got to take advantage of.

There she was, once again, standing in front of Kim Taehyung's locker. She'd normally just slip the letter through one of the narrow holes on it.

But today she wasn't sure about that.

Her hand was halfway towards it, but now it was just there hanging in mid air.

Leaving nonsensical messages in her crush's locker? Going back there 10 mins. before the bell rings because she knows that's when he would usually go there? Standing nonchalantly from a distance just to see his reaction?

Most of all, talking to him without even giving her identity?

What has she been doing? What was she thinking when she came up with this idea in the first place?

It was weird. And not to mention pathetic.

A sigh unknowingly escaped her lips when she remembered the reason why her identity was kept hidden from him.

They were planets apart. He was cool and talented. He was just naturally handsome and extremely attractive. People actually know him, and admire him, for that matter. He was all these and more.

She wasn't any of that at all.

If he knew who she was, he surely wouldn't even consider being acquainted with her.

Right?

Of course!

But this was a mistake. She shouldn't have even started giving him letters to begin with.

She should've just kept things to herself.

Like, what she's always done ever since.

Before she could even start walking away, she heard something that caused her to freeze right on her spot.

"Tsk tsk tsk. So it's been you."

Oh shit.

Her entire body stiffened for a few good seconds before she turned around.

And there he was.

Kim Taehyung in all his fine glory, standing merely a foot away from her,

and looking at her eyes for the first time ever.