1.

Guan Shan didn't know why, but it seemed like the entire universe was against him. Maybe, that's what most people his age thought.  Fucktards, the lot of them. There wasn't any reason why he had to slave through life like them, as he couldn't envision a future where his aspirations would come true. He just wished to keep a steady head on his shoulders and live through a simple life, one unlike his jailed dad who suffered the negative attention from furious moneylenders.

The afternoon light streamed in through the windows, illuminating the dust that floated about the lab room. He leaned against the wall, clutching the handle of his broom and yawning as his classmates pattered about with dustpans and mops. It was the routine cleaning session typically scheduled after the last bell. There was a brief outburst of excited female voices, before it reduced to faint, indecipherable murmurs. Someone switched the fan on in the classroom,  an indignant cry following soon after.

"What are you doing, you retard?! We just swept this place!"

"Oh my god, do we have to clean this mess again—"

"Who was in charge of the sweepin' the class today, Fen Shang?"

"Yo, don't ya look at me. I think it was that idiot, Guan Shan. Speaking of which, where in the world is he?"

The red-haired, lean boy in question opened his eyes, tugging on the collar of his shirt. A couple of girls brushed past him, averting their eyes as they always did. Sometimes, Guan Shan wondered whether he had a giant sign on his forehead that said that he'd kill them and play with their intestines. 

"I am not cleaning that shit." Guan Shan said evenly, propping the broom against the wall and sticking his hands into his trousers.

"You are supposed to." A sharp, nasal voice called out. The class representative. 

"I'll have to take your name down otherwise."

"Shut up." He said plaintively, combing fingers through his red hair. "I am not doin' it. Ask someone else."

He sauntered out of the class, stepping into the largely empty corridors. A pair of girls were in sight, attempting to balance holding a huge trash bag between them. The main garbage arena was a long way off, around the bend of the main corridor. Guan Shan glanced at their pretty, flushed faces as they panted with exertion. Small girls with breakable arms. He paused in his steps, considering.

"Put the bag down." Guan Shan said, and they froze in their tracks.

"Uhm, we were just—" The girl who spoke to him had a trembling smile. 

"Shut up an' leave." He grunted, heaving the black polythene bag over his shoulder. "Do you want me to fuck you up?"

They mumbled something under their breaths, before hastily retreating towards their classes. He adjusted his grip on the plastic, the crackling driving him nuts. After what had mostly been a calm day, it seemed strange that he was riled up by such an insignificant thing. The sky was coloured red, like someone had spilt warm blood in streaks across a warm yellow canvas.

He had to hurry back to the bus station. The afternoon buses would leave in another five minutes, and he had no intention to walk home.

When he reached the west end, climbing down the stairs leading to the main cluster of third year classes—he could hear laughs—the door of a class around the bend burst open with a crash. He almost missed a step, grasping the railing.

Fuck. He grimaced. Would've missed a teeth or two.

"Who the hell—"

"Woah, what a pleasant coincidence!"