3.

They were in a broom closet. He had no idea how they had got there. Oh, yeah, they were currently on a run. A poor excuse for one, considering that they had got locked up in a broom closet that the asshole He Tian had hauled him into. Things were starting to heat up, and a muscle in his jaw twitched as he thought about how peaceful and relatively less troublesome his day had been, at least it had been until the asshole had chosen to destroy it with his obnoxiousness.

Blood roared in his ears as He Tian looked at him, a hint of uncertainty clouding his face. It vanished the next second.

"It's your fuckin' fault. Everything is." His words were weak, and the bastard knew it as well.

"I almost feel hurt." The bastard had the gall to look innocent and troubled as he leaned in. "But I am not, if you get me."

"Find other ways to waste your time, dumbass." He was irritable, and the broom closet wasn't an ideal place for his lanky limbs. Mo tried to maintain a safe distance from the asshole. There was no telling what might happen.

"This is crazy." A part of him wavered when his eyes flickered down to He Tian's lips. The bastard's tongue peeked out, a bold, red flicker, before disappearing inside. He inwardly groaned as the bastard raised an audacious eyebrow, as if he were really surprised.

"Don't fuckin' ask me!" He yelled, face flaming. 

"It's okay to get frustrated, you know? Just don't want you to pop a nerve or something." He Tian remarked, pressing a warm palm against his mouth. Scrabbling to remove the bastard's hand from his mouth, he tried his best to ignore the heady smell of musk as strands of his red hair limply hung over his temple, clinging to skin damp with exertion. The bastard smelled like home. He didn't know what was worse. "Try to control yourself."

Guan Shan choked. That was the last thing he could ever hope to bear.

The bastard's torso was pressed against his sweat-slicked back, and he could feel heat radiating from him. A chin was on his shoulder, a hand on his mouth and another one on his waist. He stamped his heel onto the bastard's foot, and He Tian laughed quietly, moving away like an inconspicuous snake. The sudden loss of physical heat made him feel strange, and when there was another rap on the door, he glowered at the bastard.

One day, he'd punch the daylights out of the insufferable bastard. He Tian merely gave him a devious grin.

He was about to give the asshole a piece of his mind, when he thought he heard something.

There was a sudden rattle outside the door, which brought him out of his mental parade, and for a moment, he gave up his struggle in an effort to remain still. If they were caught, they'd both be fucked. He wasn't afraid of authority as such. Gossip was one thing that all kids leeched onto like bloodsuckers. The idea of being found in a small closet with the bastard was as unappealing as an old plate of chow mein. If Nianzu and the other guys he occasionally hung out with saw them, he would never hear the end of it. 

It seemed that the bastard had considered that as well, for he didn't make a sound.

For a while, there was only the sound of his harsh, fevered breathing. It was in those moments that he became hyperaware of several things. Minor details, like the way the bastard was gazing at him openly—completely unruffled—and the earthy, fresh smell that emanated from him. He could smell the fruity gum He Tian had been chewing on earlier. 

Watermelon. 

Guan Shan liked that. Somehow, that made the situation all the more weird. The bastard regarded him openly, with casual eyes that didn't seem to imply anything violent. He would be lying if he said that that wasn't terrifying.