Chapter 8

"I slept with Elliot."

Olivia was still focused on her empty glass waiting for the animated reaction from Casey that she was sure would happen. When she didn't hear anything she turned to face her and saw that Casey was actually stunned. "Did you hear me?"

Casey cleared her throat and finished off the rest of the liquor in her glass. "Hey can we get two more down here," she told the bartender. "Sorry my goal was to stay sober for you but I feel I may need to loosen up for this conversation."

Olivia scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Oh great. I remember the last conversation we had when you were loosened up."

Casey lifted her eyebrow. "So you are going to try to blame this on me? Come on. I thought you guys would just talk about it I never thought you would have the balls to actually do anything."

Olivia continued to drink and tapped her fingers anxiously along the bar. Casey watched her for a few moments before finally speaking up. "Soooo are you going to actually tell me what happened or are we just going to sit here staring at each other?"

She exhaled and tried to figure out how much to tell her friend. She was already starting to feel the alcohol since she hadn't eaten much today plus she needed some encouragement and advice. She squared her shoulders, took a deep breath and told her about going to his house after leaving the Recinos case.

"Ok so you slept together," Casey shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. "You said it was good so what's the problem? Did he kick you out or want you to leave or something?"

Olivia chuckled bitterly. "No quite the opposite actually. I got ready to leave in the middle of the night and he told me to stay until the morning."

"Now that sounds more like the Elliot I know. I couldn't see him just letting you leave that late."

Her leg was bouncing nervously and Casey was on the edge of her seat waiting for her to continue. "Well let me help you out since you are having issues getting on with the story. You woke up the next morning and...."

Olivia smirked and titled her head to the side a little and tried to speak lowly. "Well actually umm when I got back in the bed we didn't go back to sleep."

"YOU FUCKED HIM AGAIN?!" Casey squealed and she hurried and shushed her.

"Would you keep your damn voice down?" she scolded her.

Olivia grabbed her hand and ushered her away from the bar where the other patrons were looking on. They found a small booth in the back with not as many people around and settled in. Casey looked like a kid jumping up and down on Christmas morning.

"Start talking and start talking now. Who initiated it?"

Olivia sighed. "I don't know. I got back in the bed and the next thing I know he was back on top of me and he sa—," she stopped herself. "It just happened again."

Casey swallowed the rest of her drink and waved her finger at her. "Oh no. You cut yourself off. He said what?"

"Casey—"

"What did he say Liv?"

She closed her eyes and put her hands over her face. "I must be at rock bottom because I can't even believe I'm telling you this," she mumbled. "Let's just say it went down after that."

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT. YESSSS," she shrieked pumping her fist in the air and this time Olivia didn't even bother to tell her to keep it down since they were further away from everybody.

"I'm going to need another drink for this," she announced. "Hold that thought and don't you move a muscle. I mean it."

Olivia checked her phone again to see if she had any messages from Elliot and there was nothing. There was another text from Charles and she replied to him telling him that she was still busy. She felt guilty because she knew she needed to hurry up and put the final nail in that coffin. Even if nothing worked out with her and Elliot, she wasn't interested in anyone else right now.