Chapter 3: The Dying Flame

Chapter 3: The dying flame.

If you are reading this then it probably means they got me. I have known for a long time I was being followed ever since I got back from the digital world. I also have been having weird dreams. The dreams show best friend and teammate. Kouji he was crying I never knew why. I tried to read his lips but I was never good at it. It looked like he was calling out my name. Why my name and then sound came into my dreams. "TAKUYA!!! Please come back we miss you. I miss you." Little did I know it was telling my future. I was going over to Kouji today maybe he would know what it mean.

"Hey Kouji sorry I'm late. I had the weirdest dream." He smiled at me he had the greatest smile ever I always preferred that over his usual glare.

"It's alright what was your dream Taky." Taky the nickname I was given in the digital world. Junpei gave it to me at first I didn't like it but when Kouji started calling me that I felt okay with it. I don't know why but when I'm feeling down Kouji is there to pick me up. I think it is because of all the battles we fought together. We almost were never separated since we came back.

"Well it was just dark and then I saw a person in there darkness." He looked at me weird. "The person was you Kouji and you were crying." He looked a little shocked. He is not the kind of person that cries. I have only seen him cry once and that was when he thought his brother was going to die.

"Why was I crying? Maybe that will help figure what the dream is about."

"I-I don't remember," He looked at me skeptical. He probably could tell I was lying.

"Liar come on Taky. You can tell me."

" You wanted me to come back to you. You said that you and other people missed me. I don't know what that means because I would never just leave." He looked at me a little surprised. I guess that was pretty deep even for me.

"Wow, I am sorry but I have nothing. That kind of dream can have many different meanings." Little did I know that would be the last time I saw that face. On my way home I had to pick up my brother from a friends house. I could feel it again being followed then I heard a voice.

"Time for revenge warrior of flame." I turned around and just saw my reflection in a window nearby. Revenge what does that mean I don't need revenge right now. I have great life. Great friends and family. I got to the door of Shinya's friends house. I knocked on the door and the kids mom opened the door and recognized her instantly. That was Tomoki's mom I saw an image of her in the digital world. I see my brother run to the door with the warrior of ice right behind him.

" Hey Tomoki I didn't know you were friends with my brother." The littlest digidestined nodded

"Wait, Taku-Nii how do you know Tomoki." I just laughed

"It's a long story Shinya I'll tell you later right now we need to get home or mom will get worried." We walked to the subway station. We were waiting for the train when I heard gunshots. I instinctively grabbed Shinya and held him close. I heard crazed laughter. I looked up and saw a man in a trench coat and fedora. The fedora was covering most of his face but I saw his mouth and I recognized the evil grin. "Shinya get out of here now. I am going try help others get out of here. Got it." He looked like he was going to cry but he listened. He was trying to run when I saw the man turn and point his gun at my little brother. "NOOO!!!" I jumped in front just as man pulled the trigger. BANG! I hit the floor I could hear Shinya crying. The man leaned closer to me.

"Not so strong without your spirits are you human." I knew that voice and I wish could punch that voice in the face but I was losing strength. This is what that dream meant I understand now. He was crying because he won't see me again. I thought I would die in the digital world or of old age. There was so much I wanted to do and say. I wish I could say goodbye to everyone. Especially Kouji I wanted to thank him for everything and tell the truth about how I felt about that raven haired jerk. I hear Shinya calling my name I smiled and everything went dark. I opened my eyes again and saw Kouji he was in his room. He was on his bed I couldn't see his face though.

"Kouji come on let me in." I hear Kouichi calling to him. "We are going to be late."

"I'm not going." He moved his head I saw tears in his eyes. "I don't want to go to that dumb funeral." He started sobbing. I hear the door click open somehow? Kouichi he was wearing black clothes and he came inside. "G-get out I don't want to talk to anyone." Kouichi sat on the bed next to Kouji and started rubbing his back. Kouji hugged Kouichi. "H-He promised, He promised he would stay by my side. I thought I finally had a friend but then..." Kouji started to cry harder. I wanted reach out and touch him, hug him just like Kouichi was doing but my hand went right through him. Kouichi was trying to shush him but he kept crying.

"Kouji come on Taky wouldn't want you to cry I bet he was watching over us right now and calling you a wimp for crying so much." I smiled and Kouji started to laugh wiping away his tears. I feel bad just leaving but it's not like I had a choice. Just then I felt a burning in my chest. It was slowly growing is this what death is supposed to feel like.

"Your right and I probably should show up to the funeral a little bit. I just don't know how to handle it or if I can handle it. I would be a horrible friend if I didn't show ." He got up when everything dark.