Chapter 5: Flames Don't Burn Loved Ones

I am falling I am going to fall into these flames and burn to death. I stopped. It feels like someone is holding me. I open my eyes and see Sparkmon's human form. That is where I draw the line no one hurts Kouji on my watch. He looked down at me. I felt a blush come to my face. He smiled at me. You alright Kouji-kun. I nodded. Something about him in this form seems familiar. He set me down on the ground and the flames started climbing up the building. I went back up the stairs that I was dragged up minutes before. I got on to the roof when I saw the flame cornering the man in the trench coat. "Kouji how did you-."

"It is a long story we'll talk about it later. Right now we need to defeat Mercurymon." Yep, the one that killed Takuya was Mercurymon. I grabbed my D-tector and was going to digivolve when I heard him yell out in pain I looked up and saw his data flow into my D-tector. No one. Hurts my Kouji. His Kouji what was he talking about. "Okay now how are we going to contain this guy." His flames flew around me. "Stop that it tickles."

"What about the jar." That won't work it broke

"It broke." My brother gave me a weird look and pointed to my belt. The jar was right there I guess if it breaks it repairs itself. "Okay I didn't know it did that but how are we going to get him back into the jar." Do I have to go back in there. "Yes, Sparkmon you do." I pointed the jar toward him and the flame went right in. "I'm sorry buddy I know you don't like it but we can't let go around burning things." I wouldn't try to burn things. It's not my fault. "I know just deal with it for now. I probably should head home. I think my stepmom is freaked out. I actually called her mom by accident today." I gave a little laugh to try and make it look like I wasn't scared. I don't think they believe me.

"I'm home." My step mom came out of kitchen and hugged me. "Um, hi."

"Kouji I was so worried. Your friend J.P. Called and said someone grabbed you I was so scared." She started to cry. I didn't think she cared this much. "I know you have your mother but you can always think of me as a mother to you." I hugged her back.

"Thank you, Mom." She hugged me tighter. "I'm tired I am going to bed okay." She let go and nodded. I had another dream that night. Not like the one I had last night. It was dark and I heard a voice.

"My strength is growing. I have a chance of coming back thank you." That voice it is his. I tried to call out to him but then I woke up to a annoying voice. Kouji, Kouji, Kouji-kun Wake up. Wake up.

"Sparkmon go back to sleep. I was having a good dream." I probably got five more minutes of sleep when I heard my step mom scream. I instantly jumped out of bed. "What's wrong is there something wrong." I see her on the dining room table pointing at something.

"It is some sort of monster. I have no idea what it is just get rid of it." How rude I'm not a monster. I sighed at this. I looked over and saw a cat like creature but it was a more like a ball with ears and a tail.

"Sparkmon did you have to scare the life out of my step mother." He scrunched down and gave me puppy eyes. Sorry Kouji I didn't mean to scare her. I was just exploring. "Just try not to do that again."

"You understand what he is saying." I nodded. My D-tector started to beep. "What's that thing."

"Oh don't worry about I just have to meet with Kouichi and my friends. Come on Sparkmon let's go." Kouji I digivolved I am not Sparkmon anymore. I am Blazemon now. "Sorry sassy pants. Gosh you can be so rude. Let's go meet the others." I walked down to the train station to meet the others. "Does anybody know what's going." They all looked as lost as I was. We are gone for two days and now they are calling us back again. What happened in two days that calls us back.

" Hello again kids we need you to find something. It might fix what has happened with Mercurymon or at least give us some answers. We will meet you at the spot where we got the weird reading." Weird reading what do they mean? What's going on?

"Kouji is this what Sparkmon looks like." Kouichi asked he tried to petting Blazemon but he bit him.

"Blazemon don't bite my brother." Not my fault I just don't like him. You're my Kouji I won't let anyone else have you. I hit him in the head. "That doesn't mean you can bite him. Sorry about him he just is a little cautious. Let's go I want to know what is going on." We rode the train for a little bit when I recognized where we were. I met everyone here. We were at the Fire Terminal but what is so great about this place? I got my spirit in the forest right outside the village here.

"This is where Taky got his spirit." I looked at J.P. He looked shocked coming here. So that is why it's important. He got his spirit here. I forgot about that. When we got to the train station we were met by Bokomon.

"Bokomon what's going on. What is happening." Something was happening I could sense it. I could sense a huge amount power growing.

"Well the problem is there are two power signs for the warrior of fire."

"Ok what does that mean."

"There might be two warriors of fire." We looked at him confused. " It means two Agunimon's."