10 (Part 1) : Daniel's Return

The room was filled with awkward silence. At one side, the two ladies in the room, Sarah and Jenna were still recovering from the bombshell that was dropped right over their heads while on the other side James was composed as he was clear about his plans and intentions.

"I don't have much time with me so you better decide quick if you want Emily or the money." Said James looking Jenna straight in the eye.

Jenna till now was completely broken and it seemed she was going to burst into tears any moment.

James threw a quick glance at Sarah who was still standing near the table and marched out of the room.

Seeing the golden opportunity Sarah approached Jenna and rubbed her shoulder,"I hope you will get over this soon." She said oozing sarcasm.

Sarah too left the room following James and she saw him standing in the hallway with his phone, as she approached him she saw Joseph rushing towards James.

Soon Joseph was standing in front of James with his hands behind his back and face down awaiting his orders while Sarah was standing behind James.

"Joseph, Serena won't be going to school today and it's your responsibility to stay with her all the time." Ordered James and Sarah instantly sensed he was worried as Jenna may try her antics at Serena.

"Yes, Sir." Assured the butler.

Sarah thought for couple of moments and, " Don't worry about Serena I'll be with her and take care of her." She suggested softly.

A surprised James turned, gave her a close look from head till toe still searching for some unusual signs in his mind,"Are you sure?'' he asked.

''Yes I'm sure. I understand why you're worried about her and I assure you I'll take care of her."

"Well, Thanks. I don't know what to say? I would have done it myself but since I've some really important things to do so I can't be with her.'' He said rubbing his temple.

Sarah rubbed her hands nervously," I can understand and since Serena is a very good of mine now so it won't be a problem." she said.

The butler left. Sarah and James were all alone in the hallway. James' continuous stares were again making Sarah uncomfortable,"I've some work at office first so I'll be taking her to office with me and then me and Lucy have spa plans so we will take her with us." she shared.

"That would be perfect. Sarah can I ask you something?"

Sarah looked straight up at his eyes for a nano second and sensing the danger she again shifted down her gaze to white floor tiles, "Sure."she said.

"Why are you like that? One moment you are swearing curses at me and the other moment you come out to help me out?" He asked directly.

Sarah maintained her composure as she already was ready for some kind of 'weird' query,"I don't have any personal vendetta against you." She said while her inner voice yelled I have I have "And I'm doing this only for Serena." Yes! Only for Serena!

"For whatever reasons you're doing it but it means a lot to me." Said James.

Oh Please! Stop that blue eyes thing . Stop it now. Sarah, you have to be strong. Be strong!

"Leave that,But I don't think Jenna is gonna return the money for Emily."

He approached her with two brisk steps and taking a deep sigh said,"Jenna is your mother but I know her better and I can bet on this thing."

"Well, That seems confident. We'll see then.

"We'll. I'm running late. I've to leave for the office, will see you later." James left while Sarah stood there thinking about Jenna's darkest secrets that James knows about.