12 : The Drug Love

Since Sarah had returned from the party she couldn't stop thinking about her father and his suicide mystery. She changed into her night suit, sat on bed googling about mental health issues, drugs & news articles. Whatever James told her wasn't new for her, she deep down was well aware of her father's murder. She also knew her father's suicide had much more to do with Jenna but neither police found any evidence nor she could.

He is definitely involved in it. Jenna needed somebody to kill and who else better than money hungry James could've done it for her? Obviously he did it for money but they both failed miserably. Now he's finding a way in through me & John. Such a douche! No matter how hard you try but you are so going down with Jenna, daddy!

Sarah's phone chimed dragging her out of her thoughts. She'd received texts from an unknown number that made her curious to check.

-'Hey Sarah, Nolan here. You awake?'

-'I tried sleeping but couldn't. You are on my mind. You are so different from other girls, in a good way I mean. I am lucky to have found you as a friend.'

-'My sincere apologies if I disturbed you.'

Sarah smiled cynically at her phone and typed;

'are we friends already?'

-'are we not?'

'No!' She typed quickly.

-'I can literally hear my heart breaking.'

'You are an acquaintance to me.'

-'Thanks for giving me hope at least. So what type of people do you like to befriend?'

'Don't be hopeful? believe me it's useless!' Sarah smiled once again.

'I only like honest people.' She added.

-'I am ready to be all honest with you.'

'Sure? I say think again!'

-'Ask me anything, Ms. Sarah Mount,"

Sarah thought for a while before typing; 'It was your parents who sent you to woo me. Right?' She threw a curve ball at him and waited for his response calmly.

-'I plead guilty. Recently they have been behaving crazy. Every rich young girl they see, they force me to woo her. I have met dozens of girls.'

-'It's true I met you because of my parents. I didn't know you before that but God's honest I am impressed by you. You are not like any other girl. You are intelligent, graceful & honest. For me intelligence is the sexiest trait a person can ever have.'

Sarah wasn't expecting such an honest confession from Nolan but he managed to surprise her. She paused for few moments re-reading last received texts.

'I appreciate your honesty & thanks for your generous compliments,Nolan but I don't think I have time to make new friends.'

-'Give me a chance and I promise you won't regret it.'

'I have a problem; I don't believe words much.' She giggled at his naiveness.

-'I deserve more than your friendship & I will prove it to you through actions.'

'Good Night.' She ended the chat smilingly.

As soon as she placed her phone on the side table she was shocked seeing a shirtless James in her room sitting on the sofa smirking at her.

What? Not again! Am I dreaming? Go awayyyy!

Her heartbeat raced as she tried to speak but couldn't. She rubbed her eyes to get rid of him but nothing changed. She gestured him to get out with her hands but to her horror she noticed John & Lucy in other corner of her room. She saw in shock as they giggled and kissed.