chapter 5

When I woke up, I felt dizzy. Someone was in the room. "What happened?" I asked. "You blacked out." He said. Just then my mom came in the room. "Are you okay?" She asked. "I don't know. I can't remember anything." I said. "Do you know who I am?" The kid asked. "No." I said. His face fell. "Why are we here?" I asked. "Hey can I have a few minutes?" He asked. "Sure." My mom said. She left the room. "I'm glad you're okay. I was worried about you Carly." He said. "Who are you? How do you even know my name?" I asked. The kid looked like he was going to cry. "We met at school yesterday. I helped you find your class. I came over to your house. You walked me home and I returned the favor and walked you home. You missed the bus and for some reason you were crying." He said. "I'm sorry. I just don't know who you are." I said. The boy looked upset. He started crying. Soon he left. But for some reason he kept visiting. My mom came in. I told her about the boy. "You know him. His name is Ethan." My mom said. Then the boy came in. "I'm just here because I care about you. I always have." He said. I fell asleep. When I woke up, he was gone. "Who is he?" I asked. I fell back asleep. When I woke up, he was in the room. I started feeling dizzy. The kid rushed over to me. I started to lose consciousness. "I know that you know me. I just hope you remember." The kid said. Then I blacked out.
When I woke up again everyone was in the room. The doctors were checking my levels. Then the doctors left. My mom walked over to me. "I'm going home. Get better." She said. I fell asleep. When I woke up the kid was in there. I was ready to yell at him. Just then memories came flooding back. From my first day at school. I looked at him. He was getting ready to leave. Then I remembered. He helped me. When I dropped my stuff. When I was struggling with math. Finding my class. Walking me home. I looked at him. He was near the door. Just then I spoke. "Ethan." I said. The kid turned around. "Yeah?" He asked. "I just wanted to say thanks." I said. Ethan started crying. "What's wrong?" I asked. He dried his eyes. "Hey Carly." He said. "Yeah." I said. "You're welcome. Helping you out was the least I could do." He said. "No. Thanks for being by my side." I said. "It was my pleasure." Ethan said. He gave me a hug and left the room.