Nightcrawler

You never understood why the writing on your palm was blue. Everyone else's soulmate mark you had ever seen was deep black but your's, your's was a deep almost glowing blue.

You had done the research, checked libraries, computer sites. You name it you searched through it to find any clue. You just couldn't seem to figure it out. The words "Nothing about me is beautiful" really made you curious.

So of course just like every other day you went out to maybe do some more research or just take a walk. The sun was just setting and it was just the right temperature for a walk around town.

You stepped out of your apartment and started down the street rubbing the glove you wore unconsciously.

Daydreaming you didn't seem to notice the commotion in front of you. You jumped as you heard a bang. 

"Give me all your money!"

You looked on with wide eyes as a man in a vendetta mask pointed a gun at the man who was at the newspaper stand.

"P-please I d-"

"Shut up! Give me the damn money!"

The masked man clicked a bullet into place causing you to squeak a little in fright. You weren't sure if you were scared for the man with the gun to his head or yourself at the moment.

Of course with your luck both men heard the squeak.

"Hey you!"

The man with the weapon turned to point the gun at you and you quickly took off.

"I don't wanna die. I don't wanna die today."

You kept whispering the mantra to yourself as you bolted only to scream seconds later as a bullet barely missed your leg and clanged off the ground.

Pushing as fast as you could you took a quick turn only to run straight into the dead end of an ally.

You turned to see if you could make a quick escape only to see the man turn the corner and point the gun.

"Oh god

"Oh god." You raised your arms to guard yourself.

Just as you heard the click of another bullet you were suddenly covered in the smell of a somewhat sweet sulfur and felt really off balance.

As fast as the vertigo came it went away leaving you some what sick to your stomach

As fast as the vertigo came it went away leaving you some what sick to your stomach. You could feel arms balancing you and could hear someone else breathing.

Taking a deep breath and opened your eyes. What you saw was defiantly not what you had expected.

In front of you was a teenage boy who seemed to be the same age as you. Only he was... different.

Your gaze went from the three toed feet to the pointed tail swishing behind him. He also had only three fingers on each hand and his hair was black with blue highlights. The hair and skin being the exact same color as your words.

His eyes though are what really made your breath catch. To anyone else they would be freaky but to you they were magnificent.

They were a bright yellow almost glowing as the sun set.

You both stared at each for a few more seconds and the only thing you could think to say was,"Your eyes are beautiful

You both stared at each for a few more seconds and the only thing you could think to say was,"Your eyes are beautiful."

His eyes widened as you blushed. He gaped at you and then looked away. You barely caught it as he mumbled "Nothing about me is beautiful."

You took off  your glove letting it fall to the ground and took a few more steps to be directly in front of him. You grinned as you showed him your palm with the blazing blue words.

He looked from your palm to your face a few times before slowing raising his own hand.

Written in your awkward handwriting in a stunning gold were the words "Your eyes are beautiful."

Then just as quickly he stepped back. "You do not vant to be vith me liebe. I'm not vat a lot of people like to be seen vith."

His gaze remained on the ground as you suddenly walked forward to grab his hand. Once you broke from your daze over that accent. Slowly placing his palm on your check you smiled kindly at him.

"You're beautiful to me."

The smile on his face was so bright it was like looking at the sun and only then did you see the fangs sticking past his lips. Your research never prepared you for how amazing your soulmate truly was.

"My name is Kurt. Kurt Wagner. My friends call me Nightcrawler though."

You leaned to quickly peck his cheek. "I'm Y/N and it's nice to finally meet you."

This was defiantly going to be the start of something truly amazing.