Loki Laufeyson

*Your soulmate only sees color where you have touched.*

Gods didn't have soulmates.

That's what Loki liked to believe anyway. Sure Asguardians had ways of finding soulmates but he and Thor had never shown the signs.

Of course he wasn't Asguardian by blood that was very clear to him now but Thor was which puzzled him to no end.

That was until Thor got banished and managed to drag him along to the midguardians realm called Earth.

He hated every second of everyday he was forced to spend there. He absolutely hated Thor for this.

Yet he managed to hate him even more when he met his own soulmate. Loki never asked how it worked, he told himself he didn't care.

Thor's new find angered him even more and just when he thought it couldn't get any worse they just had to join the Avengers.

They were gods for crying out loud! Not only was his buffoon of a 'brother' attached to a mortal he was now forced to be on a team of sorts with them.

There where no words to describe his furry of emotions.

The team had decided to go out and have a team outing, another thing he couldn't stand.

He was so focused on glaring at the concrete as the group was walking he didn't notice the flow of people get bigger and someone smashed into his shoulder.

He looked up to tell the person a piece of his mind only to find the person gone, along with his group of people.

He was just about to start throwing a tantrum when something caught his eye.

Turning he focused on a flower. A bright red rose in full bloom on a bush. The rest where all grey accept for that one rose.

Everything had always been in grays why on earth was that one flower...

A flash of brown caught his attention a distance in front of him. What Thor had explained as a midguardian pet was walking toward him. A dog.

Abandoning the flower he started to walk toward the dog only to notice more spots of color.

The door to a local tea shop that was metallic silver, the many shades of brown wood on the door to a old book store.

He was mesmerized. How fascinating it was to see such small glimpses of color.

A few more streets down he notices the black gate of the park and splotches of different greens of the grass.

Following the patches he stopped suddenly when he noticed a young woman reading from a book sitting cross cross in front of a group of children.

She would do characters in different voices, asking the children what they thought would happen next and even singing when the time came.

The children where obviously ecstatic and joyful because of the woman's way of telling the story but that's not what caught Loki's eye.

No, what caught his eye was the fact that every time you touched a page it bursted with color.

He leaned in closer to get a look when unconsciously his foot snapped on a twig.

The children were to busy looking at the book to notice but your head snapped up and your eyes focused on him.

He expected you to yell at him for disturbing you but you only smiled and kept reading.

When the story finally ended and you had wished all the kids goodbye telling them you would be reading to them again later you stood and approached him.

You opened your mouth to say something only to be caught off.

"Why is it everything you touch is the only things with color?"

You stared wide eyed in response to his question.

"I- I well whatever your soulmate touches is what you can see in color. T-that's why I can see the green where you walked over here and the brown from the branch you stepped on. And wow you have really nice eyes and oh I'm rambling."

Loki could only stare at you. He had a soulmate? This was why he always caught Thor babbling on and on about colors?

"My names Y/N, by the way. It's nice to finally meet you."

You reached out your hand and gave Loki a brilliant smile even though he could tell you were confused as to why he wouldn't know about the soulmate system.

He gently grasped your hand as everything bursted into color. He noticed your eyes go wide in delight as everything was no longer just different shades of grey.

"Loki Laufeyson."

You smiled again and he could help but slightly smile back.

"Well Loki I know this really great tea shop down the road if you would like to join me. I can probably explain this soulmate thing some more and you can tell me what you know if you want?"

He nodded still keeping his hand in yours.

"I would be delighted."

You gently intertwined your fingers with his and together you and the god of mischief started a new beginning full of color.
--------------------------------------
For @Dalar_Rose I hope this turned out okay!