Chapter 13 Ashlyn

ASHLYN

Everything was going well. I had adjusted to my school and made new friends. I met a guy named Erick; he's pretty cool. Erick is 24, and I am 17. I did feel skeptical because of the age difference, but he was sweet and mature. I felt good around him. We have been talking for two weeks and everything seemed cool until this afternoon.

My Aunt owned a restaurant, so I decided to work for her to make extra money. I was a waitress. I walked towards the table.

"What would you all like tonight?" I asked smiling. The man looked up.

"My wife and I would like the special." He said smiling, holding her hand across the table.

I could have pissed my pants. Erick looked right through me. I had to play cool, I mean I really didn't have a choice but to play cool.

"Excuse me Ms.. I said my wife and I will have the special." Erick spoke interrupting my thoughts.

"What would you like to drink." I said with an attitude.

"Water will be fine." Erick spoke calmly and looked away.

I took their orders and went into the kitchen area. This was so fucking embarrassing. How could I let myself fall in this trap. This nigga has a girlfriend, better yet a wife. I should have known. Damn I'm stupid as fuck. Thoughts were running through my mind. 'Should I tell her about us? Will she believe me if I told her? We weren't really exclusive so there is nothing to tell.. This nigga could have told me he had a bitch.

"Get back to work, I'm not paying you for nothing." I heard my Aunt scream.

She was a very down to earth woman, but when it came to work... well let's just say she was about her business.

I took the plates and walked to the table. I was pissed and disappointed. I placed the plates on the table and smiled at them. Of course the smile was fake, but I didn't want him to think I was worried about his ass.

"Let me know if you need anything else." I said and began to walk away.

"Excuse me Ms....Ashlyn" He said pretending to read my name tag.

This nigga knew my damn name.

"Yes?" I said.

"Could you show me to the restroom?" He asked.

"Follow me." I said, rolling my eyes.

He walked behind me as I led him to the restroom.

"This is the restroom sir." I said in a calm tone.

I was about to walk off when he grabbed my arm and pulled me in the bathroom. He locked the door and stood in front of it.

"Look, I know this is fucked up, but it's not what it looks like." He explained quickly.

"Nigga, move outta my way I have to get back to work. I ain't tryna here that bullshit you talkin'!" I said folding my arms.

"We're together but we're not.... She told me she was pregnant. I was tryna break up with her and she said that..... I'm just tryna figure this shit out. I don't want her, I want you." He said.

Erick was beginning to convince me, then I thought about it.

"Man you lying, let me outta here." I said. "I'm not lying to you, do you really think I would have pulled yo ass in this bathroom just to lie? If I wasn't feelin you I wouldn't be in here telling you all this shit." He said.

At that point I was convinced.

"Man Erick I'm not about to be playing these games with you. You need to end that shit with her real soon or I will leave." I said.

"Okay, real soon, just give me a some time baby." He said.

"Whatever." I said.

"Come here." He said pulling me by the waist and wrapping his arms around me. "Don't keep me waiting." I said looking up at him.

"I'm not, but let me get back to this table." He said.

"Okay, call me tonight." I said.

He kissed my forehead and walked out of the bathroom. I knew that I had gotten myself in a fucked up situation.

"Damn." I thought to myself, and walked out of the bathroom.