Craigslist Demon

Frank was met with a choice. He could go this way, or he could go that way. Which sucked for Frank because he isn't exactly the most patient person, or so keen on choices for that matter. He looked out to the barren crossroads and shivered, feeling the cold, winter breeze brush up against his neck.

Jumping back, he saw a man approaching him. Frank was confused so he turned around and started running the other direction, but the man appeared in front of him and smirked at his silly attempt at running. Frank gasped and ran the other direction. And then the man appeared in front of him again. Frank fell on his back and quickly stood to his feet, still staring into the man's enchanting hazel eyes, sprinting off again, only to be lifted off his feet from behind. He tried squirming out.

"Okay, I tried to be tough, but now you're just being stupid. You summoned me, idiot, it's Gerard!" The voice behind him irritatingly said, leaving Frank more confused.

"Uhh no, I summoned a demon, not-" He stammered, waving his arms about."This!"

Gerard shrugged, he had a point.

"Besides," Frank continued,"If you are who say you are, where are your horns and your big stick?" Frank snapped.

'Gerard' rolled his eyes, " Well I have a big stick, but I'd rather not show you, it scares some people, makes them feel uneasy a bit."
Frank laughed, how bad could it be?

"Okay, so say you're who you claim to be, then can you get rid of my friend's, well you know... cancer?" He asked, the last word faltering out from his lips softly.

He felt his feet hit the ground. What if Gerard wasn't the demon? What if he just told some stranger about his best friend? What if-

"Turn around and look at me, Frank," Gerard said, cutting Frank off. How did Gerard know his name? He has so many questions in him, dying to just be asked, but he turned around and faced Gerard instead. He studied him, and it seemed Gerard was studying him back.

Gerard's black hair-it actually went nicely with his skin, unlike some people's. His skin was pale, almost too pale. And...is that eyeliner? It is. Gerard was wearing eyeliner. Nice bone structure, Frank thought. High cheekbones- made him look feminine. Beautiful eyes, though.

Frank scanned his eyes lower.Great lips- and the way his hair fell over his face. Oh god... the way the loose strands of hair fell over his face was intimidating. but it looked grunge- like kind of, well it was parted down the middle. I guess that's grunge according to Frank, but he was tall, much taller than him and it was kind of- wait, Frank's getting ahead of himself.

"Impressed, huh? I know, I'm the best demon around," Gerard said with a sly smirk.

Frank felt a blush rise to his cheeks. Who does this man think he is?

"Whatever, Gee-rard! Listen, I have my soul- just take it! Or, do whatever you guys do," He raised his arms in defeat.

"Just help my friend. He's really sick and I'm worried. Please?" Frank pleaded with puppy dog eyes.

Gerard looked at him. He really looked at him. He saw the desperation in his eyes; the sorrow, the regret. Once in his life he really began to understand how pathetic these humans really are. Crying over everything- blah, blah. Oh I'm so sad!
Well I'm sad, too! Gerard always told himself

But Frank was different, he was something else. It wasn't a sadness Gerard was sensing from him. He didn't know if it was really his friend that made Frank do this. He just seemed to...

Eager.

Or something more.

Something more.