Chapter 6: Kylo

A/N: Remember to vote and comment!

Do you think their plan will work?

Comment your response!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

She's done it, this time. Once again, I've let my feelings get the best of me. And once again, I've been forced to pay for it. I've been denied by the one I love. Rejected. Reviled. All because of her.

Just keep walking, I tell myself. Don't let it get to you. All you have to do is get out of here. Idiots are the last thing you need right now.

I ready my communication device, gripping it to call Hux. I can't stay here. Not with her nearby.

What would he think of me now? If he knew that I'd given her everything and she threw me aside? Surely he'd mock me. I'd be the laughingstock of the First Order. Kylo Ren: Hopelessly in love with the enemy.

Even one month ago, I wouldn't have believed it myself. I'd laugh at the very thought. Back then, my sole focus was continuing Vader's legacy. Now? Now all I want is her. Since she rejected me, I want her more than ever.

But that's not going to happen. It's impossible. She despises me. She despises me and cares for honorable men like Poe and Finn. Men who aren't the leader of the First Order. Men who didn't murder the only father figure in her life.

Speak of the devil...I think.

They must've seen me. Two familiar faces are visible within the corner of my eye: Poe and Finn.

"Hey!" Poe shouts. He starts waving his hands toward me in an attempt to catch my attention.

Not them, I think, irritated. Anyone but them.

Finn gawks at both me and his companion, aiming his blaster toward me. He stares with his weapon ready, obviously shocked to see his former overlord. After all, why would I be here, of all places?

I hadn't really grown to resent Finn for my disobeying orders, kidnapping my prisoner, and rendezvousing on one of my ships. After all, he'd done it all for honor, right? To change his treacherous past? Something that no matter how hard I try, I'll never be able to do.

Perhaps I had grown to resent him slightly, but now, there are more important matters to deal with. One of those being the fact that he's pointing an armed weapon at me.

The dark-skinned man squints his eyes at me as if to confirm that I truly am who he thinks I am.

"Kylo Ren! What're you...? N-Never mind. Leave now, or I'll be forced to shoo-"

He clutches his throat and drops the weapon. A wicked grin stretches across my face as I continue to Force-choke the naïve traitor. Oh, how good it feels to do this again.

Finally, it's nearly silent. If you were to exclude Poe's protesting shouts, my wish for complete and utter silence could be fulfilled. Alas, that won't happen anytime soon. Poe cares far too much to just let Finn die.

Is it too much to aspire for love like that? Love that no matter what, I know that Rey would do for me as Poe would for Finn? Love that consumes me entirely, my every word, my every move driven by it?

That seems to be the sensation that has overtaken the young pilot as he tackles me to the ground.

I'm rendered unable to move or even use the Force. It's too much effort to try; I've given up entirely.

According to the stories that my mother told me as I child, when my grandmother was giving birth to Luke and my mother, she just gave up. My grandmother died because Vader, my grandfather, had given up on her.

That's what I feel happening to me. Without her, I've just given up. Except, it's not life or death. I just don't see the point in it without Rey. God, I need her right now. I've gone psychotic without the girl.

Poe must have sensed how frantic I felt because when he speaks, it's gentle.

"Shh," he soothes. "It's okay, Ben. But, man, this isn't you. Just tell me, what's wrong? It's okay. You can trust me."

Finn mutters, "What the hell, Poe...?

He jumps up, embarrassed and blushing. "O-Oh! Finn, I almost forgot about you!"

"No, he didn't," I interject. "Finn, he loves you. Really loves you. Don't ask how I know. Just...Give him a chance?"

Truthfully, I'm tired of being Kylo Ren. This is my first step in turning the page. My first step to become Ben Solo, once again. Ben Solo: the guy who just might stand a chance with Rey.

"Finn," I continue, standing up, "thank you. If you never disobeyed orders to rescue Poe, I may not have truly gotten to know any of you. You, Poe, Rey... I-I just need your help. Both of you, really. I hate to admit it, but I need her. And I can't get her without the two of you. So..." I swallow, "Please?"

Finn nods, "Okay...If Poe trusts you, I trust you. Just don't try and hurt me or my boyfriend again."

Poe's eyes light up, "Boyfriend?!"

"Y-Yeah. If that's alright with you, I mean. I'd like to be call you my boyfriend."

He grins, "Sure thing, Finn. Sure thing."

I clear my throat to get my attention, "It's a deal, then? You two will help me turn into Ben Solo again? Help me gain Rey's love?"

"Deal," they respond in unison, both gripping my hand in a firm shake.